Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been following the battery issues for a while, then stopped due to lack of time. I don't know if is already known, but my T680 battery last much longer if cherged using the USB sync cable rather than via the power adapter.
    I get barely one day of usage with the power adapter, but more than 2 days with the usb charged battery. Is this normal?
    there was a flurry of posts about this awhile ago. Seems to be the experience of some users but not others. Doesnt seem to make any difference for my 680. Question for you. What is the typical % battery remaining immediately after unplugging from: i) wall charging; ii) sync cable charging?
    I've noticed when I'm on a call and it disconnects, whenever I hit another hard key the "active call" screen flashes as if I'm still connected to the person I was talking to. Sometimes, I have to initiate a call to Voicemail to be sure I've completely disconnected.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I've noticed when I'm on a call and it disconnects, whenever I hit another hard key the "active call" screen flashes as if I'm still connected to the person I was talking to. Sometimes, I have to initiate a call to Voicemail to be sure I've completely disconnected.
    I've read your problems elsewhere on this forum but can't remember where. So far, this hasn't happened to me and I'm on my 3rd week using this phone.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    and that's because you charge via usb? Or you don't charge via USB? Interesting. But bizarre.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    and that's because you charge via usb? Or you don't charge via USB? Interesting. But bizarre.
    I use the wall charger (don't have a cradle). I think I'm missing somether, what's bizarre
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Perhaps it's me, or perhaps this is the potpourri thread, but for some inexplicable reason (perhaps because of the topic), I thought this had to do with using the usb to charge. Now you say you don't even do that. So what does it have to do with disconnecting while on a call? Bizarre. Interesting. Inexplicable.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    potpourri...humm. I only answered christianc130's posting. Her post probably didn't have anything to do with the usb charge. I charged via usb a couple of times but I read somewhere on this site that it was only a trickle-type of charge and wasn't as good as a wall or cradle charge. I'll try to charge via usb and see what happens.

Anyway, yes...we should get back on track to the OP's topic. Which is what - kidding!
    I woke up too early this morning. I read a thread, left it and thought of something I wanted to say to DIG. When I went to post, I just clicked on the thread with the last post from DIG and hit reply. Obviously this wasn't the right thread... Totally scatterbrained...

Sorry for the confusion
    Thank goodness! I thought maybe it was I that had woken up too early!
    LOL...no, just me being a flake

Just so no one thinks I'm completely Looney Tunes, this was the post I was responding to. It would have made sense if I had posted in the proper place, so I take comfort in that...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=104

To keep on topic in this thread...I never charge via the USB, but still have really good battery life.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    So we're back on topic.

So this morning, I'm at 0% and I tried to charge via USB but USB doesn't charge - at least from a 0%. Anyone else have this happening or just me? I'm charging with the wall charger, the usually way for me. I have noticed that when I do my hot sync that the USB charges the phone - though not very much.

So, it's the first time I forgot to charge my phone last night and now have a fully drained battery. I'll see how the day goes after I charge the phone and get back to you all.
    Posting from Treo, & don't know if it was mentioned in this thread, but does battery.prc work on 680s? A 650 will slowly charge from USB. Battery.prc should be able to tell you, pretty quickly, if the batt is actually being charged via USB when starting from 0%.
    I got my 680 in Dec, and I have thought from early on that the battery lasted longer after charging via USB. Is it possible that a slower charge is more efficient?
    Im still waiting to hear from the fellow who started this thread, but seems he/she has abandoned it. I am wondering if the slower charging means that 100% is reached later, and therefore the widely documented drain after reaching 100% (while still on the charger) doesnt last as long, so you have more battery after charging with USB?? Has anyone noticed whether USB charging leaves you with a higher percentage straight off the charger than with AC charging (where it can be as low as 90%).
    Hi,

I have noticed as well right from the beginning that the USB charge as lasted longer that the adapter charge.
    However, no matter which way I charge it I alway's get a 100% charge.
    Once I unplug it, it jumps down to 99% every time.
    I think this small batter likes the trickle charge as most batterys do much better.
    FWIW. 650. Voltage trace on BG hits top of scale when USB charging, never quite top of scale vIa any of the regular chargers I use. Either way, it'll report 100% when done. 99% as soon as unlugged. Does seem to have more life after USB charge (remains at 99% a while longer after unplugging).
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    So we're back on topic.

So this morning, I'm at 0% and I tried to charge via USB but USB doesn't charge - at least from a 0%. Anyone else have this happening or just me? I'm charging with the wall charger, the usually way for me. I have noticed that when I do my hot sync that the USB charges the phone - though not very much.

So, it's the first time I forgot to charge my phone last night and now have a fully drained battery. I'll see how the day goes after I charge the phone and get back to you all.
    Okay, wall charged my phone since USB didn't work for me at 0%. At 10am I see 100% charge before I unplugged the charger; 99% when it's unplugged (which I've had since after my initial charge). I had to do some bluetooth testing (A2dp) with Ptunes running today, placed several calls, also had the internet on - it's now 7pm and I have 41% battery level. I even had to do a couple of hard resets. Though I have done the camera patch, the battery dance, and now this full battery drain test, I don't know if this made a difference, but every little bit counts. I still haven't tried the other test of doing a soft reset at the end of the day or something. I think we need one place for all these battery tests. I'm starting to get confused. Anyway, I'm getting pretty good battery charge with Ptunes and the internet on. I can't say much more than that. Knock on wood!
    I am happy to set up a new thread summarising my recommendations for improving the performance of the 680, if people are interested. I dont claim to be the only person who has the answers, but I am pretty confident that I have some tips and tricks that are well worth trying. I have been hesitant to do this as I have had various levels of criticism from people who dont agree with my approach - not that I care about that, but I just wasnt sure about whether there was much interest. A couple of recent 'case studies' of people who have tried a couple of things I suggested have generated a bit more interest due to some very dramatic improvements with their 680's performance, so maybe it is worth putting a sequence of (my) recommended steps into a single post. If I get sufficient encouragement about this, I will do it. On the other hand, if you want to tell me to bugger off, please feel free.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Please do create a new thread. If you can put out a battery detail directions, I'd really appreciate it. It would be nice to sticky one battery thread versus three or four?! Thanks dig!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast