Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I got this message today.

OK Memos
    -- Calendar
    - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 434, Handheld = 433
    OK Calendar with 1 message(s)
    I am not positive about this, but I think my hard drive has at least 30 Gig free, so I doubt that it is full. I hot synced again and this error didn't appear, so I assume all is well, but what could account for that message?

On another topic, my log doesn't appear when I click the link in the hot sync manager in the task notification area. Nor does it appear when I click the button on the hot sync status box (after synchronization). I have to go into the palm folder to get the log.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by haroldo; 03/03/2007 at 06:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    OK Memos
    -- Calendar
    - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 434, Handheld = 433
    OK Calendar with 1 message(s)
    I hate this message. Why can't it tell me which item is the extra item?!?
    Or just copy it over anyways?

That's just strange and useless as error codes go. (I see it once every few weeks).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    With older Palm OS versions, the ones that limited the size of memos to 4096 bytes, I think I remember getting that same message when a memo was created on the Palm that was greater than 4096. Trimming the offending memo would correct. It had nothing to do with total free space of the HH or HD. I wonder if Hotsync knows that memos can now be larger (I think 32 KB now).
    I agree it's a strange error msg, but I'd prefer it do that rather than just arbitrarily corrupt or delete data.

So do you, or did you, have memo records >max? I 'think' max is 32K, not sure.
    I also wonder if that's the msg it gives no matter what it encounters when syncing the built-in PIM app DBs and something goes wrong. I seem to remember another problem that would cause the same msg to pop up (like non-text characters in a memo).