1.    #1  
    I followed all the instructions to set up DUN w/ my PB and new 700p on Sprint. I previously had DUN working pretty well with Cingular and my old 650.

The 700p appears to connect: Internet connect shows that it's connected and the clock is running. In Network Preferences, under Status, Treo Bluetooth has the green light and it says it's connected to the internet. Even Bluetooth proferences>Devices shows the Treo as connected. The Treo's BT icon turns into the little DUN laptop. But...

Nothing works. The mac refuses to acknowledge that there's a connection; Safari, Firefox, Mail, iTunes all report back "you are not connected to the internet." If you click on a link, the send/ receive meters in Internet connect indicate that there's some traffic back and forth, but the apps do not connect.

Other than suggesting I use USB Modem, any ideas? Thanks.

UPDATE: I did try USB Modem; the USB connection worked great, the bluetooth connection had this same problem. Seems like it must be something mac-side...
    Last edited by swingline; 03/03/2007 at 06:19 AM. Reason: update
    Have you been able to pair Treo to Mac for doing things like syncing or data transfering? Does the Treo list the Mac as a approved device and visa versa?
    Sicne USB is work I'm assuming you have the correct modem script selected and it's just a bluetooth issue.
  3.    #3  
    Yes and yes. BT hotsync works fine. Mac and Treo are fully paired on both sides. BT DUN worked great with my 650, so I don't think it's the mac.
    I registered just to provide an answer to this question

The Bluetooth on the Treo 680 gets "funky" sometimes. I was able to replicate your problem but then I turned the Bluetooth off, exited the Bluetooth application, then re-entered the Bluetooth application, then turned Bluetooth on.

After that, I was able to begin to transfer a large file (I manually canceled it) (it was 14.4 megs) and completed a smaller-large file (3.2 megs)

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Jordan, but I have tried that solution many times, to no avail. That was the go-to way to fix BT bugginess on the 650, but on the 700, it makes no difference. Thanks, though.
    I posted this in another thread and am desperately looking for help:

The first time i tried using DUN on my (sprint) 700p with my Macbook Pro using the Internet on Air instructions a month ago (http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/), it worked. But since then, it won't connect. It never dial's #777 anymore. I can see my mac connecting to the treo's BT, but that's about it. I tried doing a hard reset and and following the steps again without resyncing all my apps and backups and it still doesn't want to dial #777.

Any Mac users still able to connect as of recent?
    So weird - for a few days after configuring Bluetooth for DUN on the 700p, internet access was fine (it dialed #777, authenticated, voila). Now, a week later, trying again...no luck: BT still works, as verified with a BT hotsync, but now the laptop and phone "communicate" during the dialing preliminaries, but no network connection is established.

Has anyone encountered - and solved - this dilemma? I want to avoid a cold boot / re-install / start from scratch at ALL costs.

Thx
    Paul
    After many attempts, I finally got DUN to work following the Internet on Air steps at http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/.

I'm having the same issue as the OP, where it connects, the status shows packets sending and receiving activity, but when I try to access any website, i get the following message:

Error
    ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

* Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

* Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
    * Missing hostname
    * Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
    * Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is webmaster
    I tried USBmodem and got the same results.

I have a sprint 700p and trying to connect with my mac bookpro. I have the 1.10 MR update. DUN used to work for me earlier this year, but stopped, not sure if its the updates on mac side or palm/sprint updates that have affected it..
    For some reason, it ended up working now using the hack, not USBmodem. I'm posting this at a Starbucks with DUN. I wish I can explain how to resolve it for others, good luck.

Update:
    It stopped working when I got home. Maybe there's interference of some sort, it doesn't make sense, so I'll have to try it again when I'm away from home.
    Last edited by jimeeboy51; 07/16/2007 at 11:42 AM.