1.    #1  
    Wow... this is killing me. Do you guys get this a lot? I type a message, hit send, throw the phone in my pocket, and find out 3 hours later, the text errored on sending, and its just chilling in my outbox. I use to think it only happened in areas of poor service... but I'm getting it all the time now. I can just hit resend, with the exact same signal level and it generally works...but this is killing me D;

Even if there isnt a solid way to fix it... is there some little homebrew SMS agent that could just constantly retry text till they go through?

Any help would be appreciated :>
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Mine does exactly the same thing. Tier 2 technical support couldn't solve it either. They had no recourse but to tell me to replace the phone. I know that won't solve the problem but we know our Treos are buggy so not much we can do.
    this happens to me too. I just resend the msg. It bothers me to a certain point but even the test phone in the store does it. So a replacement isnt going to solve this issue.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah... this one slays me... its just about a deal breaker for this whole treo thing D;
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I get the error sporatically - once or twice a day (>2,000 SMS a month). So do my family's sprint phones that aren't treos. I think it's a network issue. Believe me, it's much more reliable now than ever.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yes, what he said ^

It's a network issue, not the phone.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  7.    #7  
    Still need some smart developer to make an autoresend app :P
    I text about 20-30 times a day and it happens maybe once a month for me. no biggy
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    Well, at least it's easy to resend...just highlight it with the error message and click the menu, select "resend" and it goes right out.