Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been posted and answered, but I could not find anything. I have upgraded from Treo 650 to Treo700p and now when I get a call while driving, the number that comes up in the car's display window does not match to the number that's calling me. I have tried everything I could think of, but still have an issue. Please help.

Thank you

P.S. I went back to 650 and the problem was gone, so it has to be something in 700 that's changed.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Indeed I recall people here in the forums reporting that the Caller ID in the car was not accurate. Some claimed the ID was from the last number that dialed in, not the current number.

But yes, definitely is a well-known fact that the 700p has many BT issues with headsets and car adapters.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Tried everything you could think of??? I recommend "thinking" of a search...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    BT problems on 700p?? You don't say. Wrong number?? I wonder if Palm knows...
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok. I'll take it like a MAN. Thank you for your suggestions to search the forum. It's very original and I have not heard that before. Searching for BT problems on 700p returns a ton of threads, as you already know, so searching thru all of them for the correct info is almost impossible and very time consuming as most of the threads just say "When will PALM finally fix the issue" but no mentioning of the actual issue. So... when I got home I took your advise and searched the forum again and I did find a thread that discusses my specific problem. No resolution, but now I know it's not me or my car. I also found out that Lexus BT is not supported by 700p. Apparently it is supported by 680, but not 700. If anyone has any new info on this subject I would very much appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Ya I bet there is tons. I admit I hate that also. There are great threads on here but wish they could be put in less words. Anyway screw BT. I prefer a nice wired headset for listening to talk shows, music, phone. Never any problems and nothing else to charge. I am not a fan of the BT earing look also...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Funny the 680 works... did they mislabel the 700p? I think its the 660 or 670...
    I have the same problem. The previous caller's number on my Infiniti M35 Nav screen shows, rather than the current caller. I called Verizon, and the tech person, called Palm, and she said that Palm isn't aware of any issues. That is Bull. Its definitely the phone. Well you know what, Im done with Palm. I am buying a Motorola Q. I will never buy another Palm device. Their support is ... well its non-existent. Im hoping that I don't have the problem with the Moto Q.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    As far as a fix, I'm affraid there's none. If anything wait for the ROM update, or get a Palm compatible car BT handsfree.

I know the later is pretty much a stupid solution since your car already has it, but that's how bad the BT problem is.

And guys! don't flame the new users like that! Give them the benefit of doubt... we were all newbies at some point...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your replies and I guess I'll sit tight and wait for the ROM update (if one ever comes out )
    the fix is to buy a chrysler. it works fine there.
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    the fix is to buy a chrysler. it works fine there.
    Maybe you are right, Bling. I spent almost 90K on my car and the phone doesn't work. I guess you are saying I should replace the car and not the phone. Based on that... Does anyone want to buy Lexus LS460L?
    Quote Originally Posted by dimapb View Post
    Maybe you are right, Bling. I spent almost 90K on my car and the phone doesn't work. I guess you are saying I should replace the car and not the phone. Based on that... Does anyone want to buy Lexus LS460L?
    Call Palm and do what many others and I have done. Tell them bluetooth is bluetooth and if two devices support the Handsfree Profile then it should work. Tell them how frustrated you are that a $649 device can't do this, but your basic free bluetooth phone from Cingular will. The more of a thorn we are in the side of Palm, the more likely we are to see a result.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Call Palm and do what many others and I have done. Tell them bluetooth is bluetooth and if two devices support the Handsfree Profile then it should work. Tell them how frustrated you are that a $649 device can't do this, but your basic free bluetooth phone from Cingular will. The more of a thorn we are in the side of Palm, the more likely we are to see a result.
    I called PALM today and told them about the issues I've been having and their response was that I need to call Lexus and that Lexus did not update their software to comply with the new BT standard. I told them they were full of sh*t and that was the end of that conversation.