Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Boopsie is a new client search application that is totally different than Google, Yahoo, etc. We're looking for your feedback. We use vertical search - like people look for things in real life.

So, you choose a category, then start typing what you want.

So, when you want 'weather', you start typing the word 'weather', select it from the dynamic list and then type part of the city name or zipcode. You could type:

'lag be' - for Laguna Beach
    '926' - for 92651.

There is no faster way to access Wikipedia on a mobile phone. Choose Wikipedia from the main menu, then start typing the prefixes of your search term. So, under the Wikipedia channel:

'um th' - Uma Thurman
    'ge c sc' - finds George C Scott

It's auto-complete on steroids...on your phone. Best bar argument resolver around.

Channels include: Amazon Books, Caltrain Schedule, Celebrity Photos, CitySearch Silicon Valley, World Date and Time, FlightView flight status (west coast only), IMDB, Sports scores, Snow Reports, Surf Reports, Stock quotes, etc. Channels are being added daily by many third parties.

NOTE: You need to have a data plan.

Works on Palm OS Treo as well as Windows Mobile Treo.

Download it free from Blazer or Pocket IE (your phone's browser) at http://boopsie.com/dl

For Palm OS, choose the Boopsie.prc file. For Windows Mobile, choose the .cab file.

No registration required.

On-line simulation demo at http://live.boopsie.com/home/tryit.html
    (The phone app works better than the web)

Animated gif: http://live.boopsie.com/home/i/gfx/pmug/palm_anim.gif
    Last edited by ggcespia; 03/02/2007 at 02:51 PM.
    Not bad!
    Very nice!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    To the OP:

Will the application check for updates? If not, please put the program version (and release date) on your download web page.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ug. Website down for maintenance and can't download right now.

sounds like a cool ap
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    This is way kewl. As a matter of fact, I think I'm liking it better than Google Helper. However, there is one issue that perhaps someone might verify/deny happens with your setup. I use a Treo 680 and have mapped Boopsie to my side button. I also have PalmaryClock's chime feature set to every hour. If I am using Boopsie on the hour and the alarm for the chime sounds, then every subsequent time I press the side button results in the chime (alarm). So now I'm walking around the house pissing off my wife because I keep intentionally pushing the side button... "cuckoo, cuckoo." My four year old and I are getting a kick out of it. Is any one else seeing this behavior when an alarm sounds, perhaps with a different clock app? I'm going to test it later to see if it occurs when any alarm fires (tasks, appts, etc.)

d-
    Great program! I suggest putting an NIV or other versions of the Bible on there too. Also, make it alpha-sensative. So when you open the app, if you press 'w', it will go to the w's in the list so you wont have to scroll all the way down to get to wikipedia!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Great program! I suggest putting an NIV or other versions of the Bible on there too. Also, make it alpha-sensative. So when you open the app, if you press 'w', it will go to the w's in the list so you wont have to scroll all the way down to get to wikipedia!
    This is exactly what it already does.

d-
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Does this program require java?

Last night, when I just installed the .prc and run it the first time, it says that the registration server is down.

When I ran again this morning, it didn't do anything. It just came back to the home page (Launcher).
    I thought I was nuts because I loaded it twice and couldn't see or do much of anything. Then I disabled Boopsie in PalmRevolt, loaded it again, and the initial agreement check box showed up and all went well. So it doesn't appear to be compatible with PalmRevolt, or at least not the skin I'm using (Vista Dark). Nice app though! Could use a button to clear text entry!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    Hi,
    Does this program require java?

Last night, when I just installed the .prc and run it the first time, it says that the registration server is down.

When I ran again this morning, it didn't do anything. It just came back to the home page (Launcher).
    Does not require Java. Returning to the launcher has happened to me twice now. Unfortunately, a soft reset is all I've been able to find to correct it.

d-

I forgot to mention that exiting Boopsie from its menu rather than directly jumping to another app seemed to have helped in preventing the issue. I'll report after further use.
    Last edited by duke duke; 03/04/2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: additional info
    Very nice app. If I might add to the list of suggestions, keyboard shortcuts for the menu options would be welcome.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Pretty useful little app. It seems (and I have not had the time to really track it down) that is leaves sockets open in some circumstances. Chatter email has been complaining about a lack of sockets when I use Boopsie a lot...

Possibly related to Duke Duke's comments about it misbehaving when jumping directly to another app...
    I get a server busy message. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
  15.    #15  
    I'll try to cover a few of these.

As Duke said, doesn't require Java. It is a native Palm OS appliction.

To clear the text box, while you are in the text box, press the left side button. The left side button does 3 things while running the app:
    1) If you are down in the list, press it and you go to the textbox.
    2) If you are in the textbox and there are characters, pressing it clear the text box
    3) If you are in the textbox and there is no text, pressing it goes 'up' one menu level.

We'll add the keyboard shortcuts - good idea, don't know how we missed that.

Version numbers are now posted on the http://boopsie.com/dl page. Your current version # can be found by Menu -> Options -> About

As for the 'launcher' issue of un-closed sockets, can someone send me step by step repro for that.

The registration server was being bombarded by new signups - we released all OS versions at the same time. Keep trying. If you don't get anything, try uninstall/reinstall. Or, as a last resort, go to Menu -> Options -> Remove Account; then exit the app, then start it again. That will cause you to "re-register".

We'll check into PalmRevolt.

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

Greg
    I haven't had an issue with Boopsie and PalmRevolt, at least none that I can tell.

duke

Also, the launcher issue occurs when there is a problem with the network connection. I've specifically encountered it when a) the phone radio is off or b) with the 0x400B network connection error. Although, I still think Boopsie is causing this error because I never got it until after installing Boopsie. Could be the aforementioned sockets issue. At any rate, tapping/selecting the Boopsie icon under these conditions results in a return back to the launcher every time with my setup.
    Last edited by duke duke; 03/06/2007 at 04:30 PM.
    doesnt work for me - gives errors while looking for info - treo 680 cingular
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  18.    #18  
    We're glad to help you out. Email us at support@boopsie.com with what steps you are performing and what error message you get and we'll help you thru it.

thanks.

greg
  19.    #19  
    We just posted version 1.0.23. We added menu shortctus and think we solved the 'socket'/network connection issue. Please download the new version and let us know if it fixes any network issues you've seen.

http://boopsie.com/dl

Thanks!!

Greg
    So far, so good!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast