Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlex.gif http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlexSelect.gif

TreoFlex is a Messaging Auto-Responder for Incoming Calls for Palm Treos.

With TreoFlexSelect you can quickly edit and select messages for use with TreoFlex.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlex_User_Manual.html
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    TreoFlexSelect causes an immediate reset loop on my phone. Can't get out of it unless I hold up to prevent programs from loading on the initial startup. Deleted the TreoFlexSelect and reset the phone.

TreoFlex is now not working properly. The original version worked great.
    1. Now if "Missed" is not selected and I ignore a call, no SMS message is sent.
    2. If both "Ignore" and "Missed" are selected, ignore and missed work correctly.
    3. If "Missed" is the only one selected, missed works properly including the "Confirm Send" dialog box.

The Contact Notes option works fine.

I'm switching back to the original build for now. Let me know what you think.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I'm switching back to the original build for now. Let me know what you think.
    Could you please delete everything and try again? I changed the layout of the preferences and that could be a problem.

TreoFlex.PRC
    TreoFlexSelect.PRC
    &
    Saved Preferences 'TrFx'

You should not have any resets with TreoFlexSelect after this.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Is there only one program now? I downloaded it from your website and there was no TreoFlexSelect.
  5.    #5  
    Is there only one program now? I downloaded it from your website and there was no TreoFlexSelect.
    Yeah, there were two, but I removed it after you posted about the resets... - mvk

PS: TreoFlex should work fine
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Aha!! I discovered a bug that I hadn't noticed on the previous release! In ALL versions, if "Ignore" is the only option selected, SMS messages will not be sent on a 700p. If both "Ignore" and "Missed" are selected, the program works as intended. If "Missed" is the only box checked, the program will send SMS's for both IGNORED and MISSED calls. It looks like the "Ignore" box is not doing anything (In all versions!)

I missed this in my previous troubleshooting.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Essentially , there is no "Ingore" only option.
  8.    #8  
    Hi akula34,

I'll check the 'Ignore' problem. In the meanwhile, here is TreoFlexSelect. No more resets....

- mvk

PS: Attached TreoFlex version with modifications for Ignore and Missed. This worked properly on the 600 and 650.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/02/2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: PS:
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No more resets from TreoSelectText. Took me a few seconds to figure out how to make a new entry. I recommend blanking the text entry portion when you create a new entry. That way you know that it's a new entry and you're not modifying one.

Ignore function still does not work properly. If only "Ignore" is selected, ignore does not send the SMS message. Works as advertised if Missed is selected. Ignore still does not do anything.

I use the red and green buttons to ignore and answer calls if that makes a difference.
  10.    #10  
    I use the red and green buttons to ignore and answer calls if that makes a difference.
    This should make absolutely no difference. I don't handle keys presses in TreoFlex ...no 'hede'... Tell you what I'll send you a test program to figure out what is happening.

No more resets from TreoSelectText. .
    That's cool. But how do you like the interface (other than the "New")? Most important, is it smooth and quick in operation? The issue was, one should be able to select a new message and be done in less than a second.

And don't try to store more than 20 messages (at least in the BETA).

- mvk
  11.    #11  
    v1.2 Re-release

• Fixed continuous reset problem with TreoFlexSelect installed.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlex_User_Manual.html
    Game over!
    Doesnt CallFilter has this function? If the 680 has it, then wont the 700p when (if) Palm releases the ROM update?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Doesnt CallFilter has this function? If the 680 has it, then wont the 700p when (if) Palm releases the ROM update?
    I can't say about CallFilter, but TreoFlex has the following features:
    • TreoFlex is a fresh and straightforward implementation using published Palm SDK API calls and notifications. It uses NO tricks, shortcuts or undocumented features to process calls.
    • Tiny PRC (~12 KB), fast opertation.
    • Does it hook-up to 'hede' and 'hvch' notifications and no device slow downs or sluggishness.
    • Customized messages from contacts notes.
    • Quickly edit and select messages with TreoFlexSelect.
    • Does not have the "seven-SMSs-on-power-down" problem that sometimes occured with other, similar software.
    ROM releases are for fixing bugs, not for releasing new features.

As for the 680... Yeah, it already has this function.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    CallFilter??? On the 700p...??? HAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah right. Put that on your phone and tell me it works. People have been waiting for a 700p compatible version since the 700p came out!!
    AWESOME program, but when I look at the SMS outbox (sent), I dont see the messages?

--Also, can you add a "log" ?
    BUG: won't send SMS when outside of "Phone APP"

--it will ONLY send a sms when the phone is parked in the phone app.

ie: I have my treo 700P "parked" in chatteremail when idle, and treoflex wont send the missed or ignore SMS -it will only send when my treo is parked in the phone app (or in my case TakePhone)
    BUG: "default to cancel" --will not send the SMS.
    What's the difference between TreoFlex, and TreoProc? I have Treo 650 with TreoProc and it has been working flawlessly, so I am just wondering.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    What's the difference between TreoFlex, and TreoProc? I have Treo 650 with TreoProc and it has been working flawlessly, so I am just wondering.
    TreoProc:
    • Is for GSM phones only.
    • Has the security functionality (on SIM change)

TreoFlex:
    • Is for both GSM and CDMA phones (650, 700p and 680). Does not have the security functionality.
    • Has more sophisticated messaging options than TreoProc.
    • Includes TreoFlexSelect for quick message editing and selection.
    You can have both installed and operational without conflicts... not that it is useful to have both.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Game over!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    BUG: "default to cancel" --will not send the SMS.
    trim81...

On your three issues...
    • "Cancel" will of-course not send a message. It is meant to default to *not* send a message after time-out, the amount you set in the selection box. If you "catch" the missed (or ignored) call, you can switch to "Send" and send the SMS.
    • I delibrately did not copy the messages to the "Sent" box, as there is no fun in viewing your own sent messages.
    • I don't think the reported *bug* is a bug at all, the SMSs *will* be sent when you are in any application, and you ignore or miss a call. Please check this and report back, as I've been using TreoFlex for the past two months without this particular problem. Also, I've never got this report from other users. I've also tried it with TAKEphONE (trial) and found no problems.
    • I can easily add a log and a lot more enhancements that I had planned, but registrations have not been good (4 registered users since its release) and I'm currently not inclined to spend more time and resources on it. It would of-course be a different matter if there were lots of users. TreoFlex is now stable and does not crash or freeze during operation, and that is what matters.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2007 at 02:17 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast