Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    it crashes when:

-before messaging starts

(i do see the dialog "Sending message"... then bam, treo crashes.

Reset Doctor shows:

"Emul68KCommon.c,
    Line:1648, Index out of range"
    I'll review the code tonight and see if I can identify and fix the bug... in the meanwhile, you enjoy using TreoMsgr. Will you be available online to do some quick testing?

- mvk
  2.    #62  
    So Trim81...

Try v1.4 and let me know if everything's fine.

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1.4 build is semi working.

BUT, when a missed call comes in, the default treo missed call is shown first, ONLY when you click the OK button, TreoFlex will send.

--Treoflex will not take over the Treo Missed call and send on its own
    actually, I just tried it again.

It works as it should.

Looks like its a winner!
    confirmed working on my 755P.

GreenHex, the maximum number of seconds before sending message is 9.

I was wondering if you can increase the number of seconds? (allow double digits?)
  6.    #66  
    confirmed working on my 755P.

GreenHex, the maximum number of seconds before sending message is 9.

I was wondering if you can increase the number of seconds? (allow double digits?)
    I'm so relieved that everything works.

I can make the time-out double digits, but the main reason to to limit the number is so that TreoFlex can do its work quickly and get out of the way. (I did spend a lot of time figuring that one out.) There is always potential for something going wrong when too many things are happening on the Treo (= resets, freezes = missed calls = frustration). This is especially true of programs like TreoFlex that do all of its work at the most critical time (while the Treo is handling a call).

Oh yes, I think you have stumbled on the bug (first pointed out by akula34, long time back) that everything works when both "Missed" and "Ignored" are enabled, but when only one of them is enabled (I think it is "Ignored") then TreoFlex fails to do its job. This was a problem in the 700p (it works ok on the 650). I go too busy with other things to investigate this further. The same problem could be there with the 755p.

- mvk
  7.    #67  
    To quote myself...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Oh yes, I think you have stumbled on the bug (first pointed out by akula34, long time back) that everything works when both "Missed" and "Ignored" are enabled, but when only one of them is enabled (I think it is "Ignored") then TreoFlex fails to do its job. This was a problem in the 700p (it works ok on the 650). I go too busy with other things to investigate this further. The same problem could be there with the 755p.
    It appears that TreoFlex (and TreoProc as well) does not work well with "CallBlock" This could have something to do with phone notifications. It appears that sometimes TreoFlex fails to get the appropriate notifications and at other times, the CallerID is blocked by CallBlock. TreoFlex gets the phone notifications at lower priority (i.e., later) than most other programs, so with CallBlock (or similar programs) installed, it never gets to see the required notifications.
    1.4 build is semi working.

BUT, when a missed call comes in, the default treo missed call is shown first, ONLY when you click the OK button, TreoFlex will send.

--Treoflex will not take over the Treo Missed call and send on its own

I am still having this issue.. The default Treo Missed Call screen appears (the missed, ignore, or call back screen)

When this happens, Treoflex runs on the background but then crashes the treo (resets)

++++This only happens when "Confirm on send, but wait X seconds appear"+++

when i uncheck the confirm send option, it works--but I would rather have the confirm on send option enabled
    Last edited by trim81; 06/03/2007 at 09:09 AM.
  9.    #69  
    I am still having this issue.. The default Treo Missed Call screen appears (the missed, ignore, or call back screen)

When this happens, Treoflex runs on the background but then crashes the treo (resets)

++++This only happens when "Confirm on send, but wait X seconds appear"+++
    I got it, something is changed in the 755p, the confirm box is supposed to pop-up before the Treo "Missed Call" form, and block it till it completes its task. But since the Missed Call form overlays the TreoFlex Confirm form, it gets confused, and then crashes. (the top-most form is supposed to be the TreoFlex confirm form).

Let me see if something is possible. This is too bad if newer devices have subtle differences in behaviour when compared with older ones. It's very difficult to keep things going. One can always handle the documented and major differences.

- mvk

PS: The original problem pointed out by you is different from the one you just described.

Last edited by GreenHex; 06/03/2007 at 11:04 AM.
  10.    #70  
    Updated v1.5

Release Notes:
    • Better and more robust forms and callback handling

trim81, try this and let me know if you still have resets...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OK, ver 1.5 is working better -but not quite there yet.

first and foremost, it DOES NOT crash my 755P.

---------------------------
    Still have a problem though, it does not auto send when "confirm to send on X seconds" checked:

You made a good job on bypassing the Treo's default Missed called screen (OK, Call Back, Send Text)

I see that TreoFlex DOES KICK IN and the Send gets highlighted blue and wants to send, but it just stays on that screen (the "Sending Message" send/ cancel screen) --I have to manually press Send again for the message to be sent.

Perhaps you should program it so that it will hit the Send button twice?

Thanks very much for the updates. I look forward for a perfect working program. -Use it daily!
    Post Followup:

I think I found the problem.

The problem is the keyguard kicking in.

I use TakePhone, and it appears if I idle in TakePhone, TreoFlex will NOT send the message....whears if I am outside TakePhone, TreoFlex works perfect.

In TakePhone, I see the problem is after every Missed call, the KeyGuard comes back into play RIGHT after every call.

I think TreoFlex is not behaving to the KeyGuard.
    Last edited by trim81; 06/04/2007 at 05:53 AM.
  13.    #73  
    At least the crash problem is taken care of. Now to fix the KeyGuard + TreoFlex problem.

Which keyguard are you using? the Treo native one or an "after-market" one?

- mvk

PS: Just to say there is no point trying to hit the Send button twice, if it misses the first time. There should be some other way of doing this. I currently have no ideas on this.
    I am currently using Butler's keyguard.

But the problem lies with the default keyguard as well.

Thanks
  15.    #75  
    I am currently using Butler's keyguard.

But the problem lies with the default keyguard as well.

Thanks
    After some testing, I think this is not a KeyGuard related problem, but with TreoFlex + TAKEphONE. I don't use TAKEphONE. Let me see if I can install the Trial and study the problem. I also don't use Butler.

- mvk
  16.    #76  
    thanks for the update.

apparently, outside of Takephone..it sends fine.

BUT, when idle in TakePhone, it will not send. (the send/cancel message from Treoflex appears, but the default Treo Missed Call page overruns Treoflex)
  18.    #78  
    BUT, when idle in TakePhone, it will not send. (the send/cancel message from Treoflex appears, but the default Treo Missed Call page overruns Treoflex)
    I have not yet addressed this problem in v1.7 (thought, there are other minor changes) and I do not (as yet) know if this can be fixed. But I'm searching for clues on how to proceed.

- mvk
    Game over!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234