Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21  
    I was so happy when I found TreoProc / TreoFlex because I was using Sharkmsg, but it didn't work right as it would send sms at random times.

    I'm also using TreoHour and love it, but still trying to figure out TreoSpot.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    I was so happy when I found TreoProc / TreoFlex because I was using Sharkmsg, but it didn't work right as it would send sms at random times.

    I'm also using TreoHour and love it, but still trying to figure out TreoSpot.
    Frankly, the main reason why I started off with PalmOS programming is because of SharkMsg (and LudusW). They didn't work for me somehow. So I thought, why not try...

    I suggest you use TreoFlex instead of TreoProc (and disable all the messaging for Ignored and Missed calls functionality in TreoProc). TreoFlex is much better implemented and smoother in operation than TreoProc (that was my first PalmOS program). You can still use TreoProc (if you want) only for the SIM change security functionality, the messaging options will be a decoy.

    TreoHour was, of-course, meant to remind me of the passage of time while working on these apps at night, and when there are no other cues. You should download the latest version, I've modified some things to make it better (but no additional functionality, for now). The alternatives (there are some freeware) were too "heavy" for my liking.

    TreoSpot, I'm sorry to say is not working out as I expected. It does to job, of-course, but because of GPRS having to be shutdown, it takes too long for it to be of much use. For the time being, I've suspended any further enhancements. If you don't use data (GPRS) then everything will be fine.

    If only Palm had given some way to retrieve LAC and CellID without resorting to all the gimmickery (something that is taken for granted on Symbian and WM phones, and I don't mean the "gimmickery"), one could have had a whole genere of Location Based Treo Utilities (not just TreoSpot, but much more sophisticated). Maybe we can petition them to release this in future phones.

    Thanks trim81 and chenling, for your words of appreciation.

    - mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2007 at 02:20 PM.
    Game over!
  3. #23  
    Try it guys, you'll like it.
  4. tck
    tck is offline
    tck's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #24  
    After installing Treo Flex (1.21) I had two incidences of incoming calls without my Treo 680 ringing.

    I have since removed (couple of weeks ago) the application & monitoring whether this will occur again - since then my Treo 680 performed with no issues. I have in my unit Butler's Attention Grabber & Phone Technician controlling my Calls/SMS tones. I believed Treo Flex conflicted with these applications (just as in Treo Mute).
  5. #25  
    i really like the program. i definitely recommend it.

    re: only sending in phone app... i think my argument still holds.

    --i tried reinstalling, warm resetting, everything i can think of

    the program wont send when parked in chatteremail. (does work in takephone)

    ---treoflex loads, but it quickly cancels out and no yellow mail icon is shown (nor sent)

    can you replicate this?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    After installing Treo Flex (1.21) I had two incidences of incoming calls without my Treo 680 ringing.
    Though TreoFlex will work on the 680, what is the point in that? The 680 comes with the SMS functionality built-in. There is nothing in TreoFlex that interferes with the ringing etc.

    Regarding TreoMute. It does not "interfere" or "conflict" with ChatterEmail or vice-versa. The active application, ChatterEmail in this case, got the keypresses first (as it should) and did not allow these to be "seen" by TreoMute. This is absolutely normal.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    re: only sending in phone app... i think my argument still holds.

    --i tried reinstalling, warm resetting, everything i can think of

    the program wont send when parked in chatteremail. (does work in takephone)

    ---treoflex loads, but it quickly cancels out and no yellow mail icon is shown (nor sent)
    Warm resetting is never a solution for anything. I suggest that you try a longer time-out setting, so that the you can get to see the TreoFlex popup. Or you can uncheck the "Confirm send, but wait only # secs." option, that way the pop-up will be displayed till you explicitly dismiss it, or do an app-switch.

    ChatterEmail is a complex and large application and could be doing lots of things when active, unlike TreoFlex, which is tiny and simpler. I have ChatterEmail too and have never noticed this bug. But now that you have reported it, I'll keep a watch on this.

    - mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2007 at 09:16 PM.
  8. tck
    tck is offline
    tck's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Though TreoFlex will work on the 680, what is the point in that? The 680 comes with the SMS functionality built-in. There is nothing in TreoFlex that interferes with the ringing etc.
    Treo680 does have the option to ignore with message, but I need to go thru the sequences to send that message. Treo Flex is great in that it is auto without needing to intervene manually.

    Treo Flex did work on my Treo 680 but to de-bug I removed it as I missed two calls without ringtones activated.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Treo680 does have the option to ignore with message, but I need to go thru the sequences to send that message. Treo Flex is great in that it is auto without needing to intervene manually.

    Treo Flex did work on my Treo 680 but to de-bug I removed it as I missed two calls without ringtones activated.
    It's good that I can offer something that Palm can't (for the time being at least).

    Can you figure out if it is a *random* occurance, or there is a pattern to it? For example...

    - Is it for calls that are in you Contacts? Or *not* in your Contacts?

    - Does it happen only in ChatterEmail, or some other application?

    - Does it happen on calls with "No Caller ID."

    - Or maybe you have silenced the ringing with another application.

    - It could just be possible that the call got terminated (or the caller terminated) before the ringing started. This is possible as there is a time delay between the time the phone call is first received by the phone and the ringing starts.

    This is strange, since, TreoFlex does absolutely nothing to interfere with the ringing. It does nothing at all (it exits) during the time interval between the call being first received, and you either accept the call or it is ignored/ missed.

    - mvk

    PS: Please download and install v1.22, I noticed you were using v1.21
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2007 at 10:01 PM.
  10. tck
    tck is offline
    tck's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    It's good that I can offer something that Palm can't (for the time being at least).

    Can you figure out if it is a *random* occurance, or there is a pattern to it? For example...

    - Does it happen only in ChatterEmail, or some other application?
    I dont use ChatterEmail. But I suspect Butler's Attention Grabber & Phone Technician controlling my Calls/SMS tones, may be interfering with your fine applications. These two applications traps incoming calls/messages.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    I dont use ChatterEmail. But I suspect Butler's Attention Grabber & Phone Technician controlling my Calls/SMS tones, may be interfering with your fine applications. These two applications traps incoming calls/messages.
    Eh... I got mixed-up I guess. But it is entirely possible that these applications trap incoming call notifications (there are several notifications each time a phone call is received, of-course).

    I've set the notification priority to a large number (you can see this with PalmInternals), so that TreoFlex has the least priority, when it comes to receiving notifications on phone events. I prefer to yield to others first....

    - mvk
    Game over!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Warm resetting is never a solution for anything. I suggest that you try a longer time-out setting, so that the you can get to see the TreoFlex popup. Or you can uncheck the "Confirm send, but wait only # secs." option, that way the pop-up will be displayed till you explicitly dismiss it, or do an app-switch.

    ChatterEmail is a complex and large application and could be doing lots of things when active, unlike TreoFlex, which is tiny and simpler. I have ChatterEmail too and have never noticed this bug. But now that you have reported it, I'll keep a watch on this.

    - mvk

    Unchecking the "confirm send, but wait # secs" fixed the problem!!

    --is there anyway way you can try to fix the # secs for me?

    EDIT: ok, I went from 7 seconds (which doesnt work) --changed it to 3 seconds, and now it works.

    I suspect the long time delay setting is problematic?


    ---------------------------

    EDIT 2: I take that back, checking "confirm send, but wait # secs" still does not work when parked in chatter.
    --only way to make it work is to UNCHECK IT.
    -----it will be nice for the confirm option w/ # of secs to work properly.
    Last edited by trim81; 04/09/2007 at 12:00 AM.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    EDIT 2: I take that back, checking "confirm send, but wait # secs" still does not work when parked in chatter.
    --only way to make it work is to UNCHECK IT.
    -----it will be nice for the confirm option w/ # of secs to work properly.
    Unfortunately (in a manner of speaking ) I cannot replicate this bug on my device. It works properly on my 650, (...even when parked in ChatterEmail, (with IMAP and always online), I've been checking this repeatedly since I got your bug report).

    Of course that does not mean that there is nothing wrong in TreoFlex. I'll review the code and see if there is a problem and if I can do something about this.

    - mvk

    PS: trim81, you have the 680 or 700p?
  14. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #34  
    How to disable Treoproc? From the preferences panel, I tried to uncheck Enable Treoproc. No matter how I tap the screen, the checkmark will not go, even after a soft reset.

    John
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    How to disable Treoproc? From the preferences panel, I tried to uncheck Enable Treoproc. No matter how I tap the screen, the checkmark will not go, even after a soft reset.
    Like I said before, a soft reset is not a solution to anything. Reading the user manual could be it.

    Not to offend you or something.

    Here is the procedure:
    • Go to Treo Launcher, and launch the "Security" application.
    • Set Current Privacy to "Show Records". You may have to enter your Treo lock password.
    • Exit and re-launch TreoProc. You should be able to see additional options and also disable TreoProc.
    - mvk
  16. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Like I said before, a soft reset is not a solution to anything. Reading the user manual could be it.

    Not to offend you or something.

    Here is the procedure:
    • Go to Treo Launcher, and launch the "Security" application.
    • Set Current Privacy to "Show Records". You may have to enter your Treo lock password.
    • Exit and re-launch TreoProc. You should be able to see additional options and also disable TreoProc.
    - mvk
    Thanks, it works.
    John
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Thanks, it works.
    You're welcome...

    TreoFlex and TreoProc depend on the Treo contacts phone number field name to determine if the call is from a mobile phone; any field labeld as "Mobile" or "Main" will be treated as a mobile number. (be aware of this in case you have "Mobiles Only" field enabled).

    - mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 04/10/2007 at 09:37 AM.
  18. #38  
    Hi GreenHex:

    I recently used Skype to make a Skypeout call to my Treo 650 GSM (1.20 ENA) with TreoProc.

    Without ringing, it turned the Treo screen on for less than a second, and resetted the Treo.

    I used the #*377 code, and it told me TreoProc caused the reset.

    I'm going to try TreoFlex to see if the same thing happens, but I hope this small thing can be corrected.

    Every other scenario has worked for me, just Skypeout calls. Maybe something to do with the + sign in front of the caller id? I don't know...
  19. #39  
    Ok, I can confirm that this happens with TreoFlex 1.2 also. I haven't tried 1.22....
  20. #40  
    Ok, if I disable "confirm send, but wait # secs", I get the call fine.....

    Only happens when I check "Confirm........".

    Phew, at least it works!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions