1.    #1  
    Sometimes I'd like my screen to stay on rather than be on a timer e.g. during a nice slideshow..can this be done with any app yet for the Palm OS (or the treo at least)?
    Not sure whether it's 680 compatible, but you could try

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/alwayson.shtml
  3.    #3  
    Thanx johncc I'll try it!
    Sure you can. You can purchase a software called stopdimm from gotreosoftware.com (the same developer that made volume care) and it's pretty cheap I believe 6 bucks or so. Or there is a free ware you can search for called always on.
    Try the free program "TreoMax". Much better than "Always On" as you can assign a hardkey combo to toggle the screen from "Timed" to "Never off" and back. This was key for me because i need this for TomTom so the screen stays on in the car. Going in to Always on, scrolling down, etc was a bad idea in traffic. When i got it, it was free. Google it and you should find it. I can't remember what thread i found it in.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    My TT does not go off and I have no related software installed--in fact, it was on so much I tried the TT option of turning off the screen over a certain speed. I don't think I ever reached that speed, but in any event, it never goes off with TT for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    My TT does not go off and I have no related software installed--in fact, it was on so much I tried the TT option of turning off the screen over a certain speed. I don't think I ever reached that speed, but in any event, it never goes off with TT for me.

Do you have TT6? TT5 definitely turns off the screen for me.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Yes, it's TT6. I don't remember TT5 that well, but I do have vague memories of it suddenly turning off--it can't have happened that frequently to be a serious issue, because I don't remember having serious issues with TT5 (and the 650 of course) but I know it doesn't happen with the TT6, which is a very nice program, with its limitations.
    When you say the screen doesn't turn off with TT6, is that when it's actually working a route or all the time (like just sitting looking at a map)?

I can't seem to find TreoMax. I googled but all I got were some old threads. I didn't get a program link. Tried TreoCentral, mytreo, and PalmGear. Anyone know where it is? Or is it under a different name?

Thanks

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    I think it's when it's actually on a route.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I think it's when it's actually on a route.
    I'll have to try that out. Let you know tomorrow.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    When you say the screen doesn't turn off with TT6, is that when it's actually working a route or all the time (like just sitting looking at a map)?

I can't seem to find TreoMax. I googled but all I got were some old threads. I didn't get a program link. Tried TreoCentral, mytreo, and PalmGear. Anyone know where it is? Or is it under a different name?

Thanks

Bob

I just did a search and found:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=62
    Tried TT6 on the ride home and sure enough it stays on. Not that surprising since it's processing and displaying in real time. I know that on my T3 TT5 stayed on as well. I'm surprised that TT5 won't stay on.

ChristieC, thanks for the link. Don't know how I missed it. Maybe I got the thread and missed the link itself

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post

Thanks

Bob
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=treomax

Here is the link. It was originally called "Noautooff" but the developer changed the name later (I forgot about that too). That's probably why you couldn't find it. There's a bunch of versions in that thread but the one on page 4 is the latest (the link should take you to page 4). Works great for me. Has some other functions to but haven't fooled around with them.
    Last edited by cutoffcirc; 03/06/2007 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link