1.    #1  
    Is it possible to run a line from the 680 to an amp, rather than just to the earpiece?

If so, what adaptor is needed?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yeh no worries at all...to run it to an amp you just make use of the headphone socket...it works fine.

The Headphone jack is a 2.5mm socket....your amp will need RCA inputs...so you just need a 2.5mm to Stereo RCA (ie. typically coloured Red and White) lead.....

now a much more common lead tends to be the 3.5mm to Stereo RCA..which you may even already have...if so then u can just get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor..

Anyway go to an electronics store and just ask for an adaptor that will get you from 2.5mm to Stereo RCA.

Probably the only thing to be a bit careful of is when plugging and unplugging...the Treo 650 was a bit sensitive there by the sound of it...680 may be better...but just be careful not to put strain on the plug.

All the best!

PS When it's all plugged in...don't "overcook" your levels on the Treo too much...ie.have it at about 3/4 volume...you might get a bit of distortion or clipping otherwise...but just test it anyway.
    Last edited by Mavoz; 03/02/2007 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Yeh no worries at all...to run it to an amp you just make use of the headphone socket...it works fine.

The Headphone jack is a 2.5mm socket....your amp will need RCA inputs...so you just need a 2.5mm to Stereo RCA (ie. typically coloured Red and White) lead.....

now a much more common lead tends to be the 3.5mm to Stereo RCA..which you may even already have...if so then u can just get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor..

Anyway go to an electronics store and just ask for an adaptor that will get you from 2.5mm to Stereo RCA.

Probably the only thing to be a bit careful of is when plugging and unplugging...the Treo 650 was a bit sensitive there by the sound of it...680 may be better...but just be careful not to put strain on the plug.

All the best!

PS When it's all plugged in...don't "overcook" your levels on the Treo too much...ie.have it at about 3/4 volume...you might get a bit of distortion or clipping otherwise...but just test it anyway.

AGREED! Don't over volume the Treo's output -- you might overwhelm or burn out the input of the device you are feeding to. . . . .

I play my Treo thru a set of powered speakers on my desk at work in this manner -- or thru the "tape deck" input on an old Bang Olfusen stereo amp/receiver (Beomaster 1900, I bought in '75) I have on the credenza on the other wall of my office.

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    A quick trip to Radio Shack: 3/32" male to 1/8" female adaptor did the trick.

Thanks!