Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I fear I am up the proverbial creek sans paddle, but want to check here to be sure....

I have a customer that has (or had) several pages of Favorites on his Treo 650. We needed to Hard Reset his device and backed up his data via HotSync. I see via the HotSync log that PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB was successfully backed up. After the reset I see that the PhoneFavorites2DB file was NOT installed and then it looks like HotSync backed up the now empty PhoneFavorites2DB data and overwrote the saved info.

I am baffled because I have Hard Reset my 650 more times than I can count (sometimes just to prove that it is OK to do it) and my Favorites have always returned.

Is there some possible way that the missing data is still lurking somewhere in the computer and can be recovered? My Magic 8 Ball says "Signs Point to NO" but maybe I'm missing something...

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Well, I guess you would have mentioned it if you did, but do you have a backup of the files hotsync stored (I always ensured I had backups of these before restoring a device that was hard reset - don't recall ever needing them though)? If so, you may be able to delete the file from the phone and Hotsync again to get it back, or put it on a card then move it to the phone (might need warm reset first).

Speaking of a card, were there any backups on his card?

I don't think I've ever seen a "perfect" restore from a hotsync (without 3rd party software help). It was always missing a little pref here or there. The ability to restore by hotsync was always much much better than nothing, but never was perfect (for me). I backup to card, haven't hotsynced in over 2 yrs.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Never thought to backup my backup since it seems to have worked for me in the past. Won't make that mistake again...