1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Firstly, I love my Treo. This is not a hate post.

...however I do have a small issue that is both odd and a little annoying. Ocasionally - and I can't find a pattern - my phone disconnects during a call and switches off. If I turn it back on and redial, everything is fine again. It happens about once every 2 days (maybe once in 30 calls?).

Does anyone else have this problem? I am on Vodafone in the UK.

Regards,
    James.
    SIM Card Issue?

Classic behaviour of a loose or bad SIM card. . . . .

Put 3 pieces of scotch tape on the back of the SIM card to add more tension on the contacts . . . see if this cures the issue.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. I'll try the tape.

When you say bad SIM card do you mean physicall ybas or the electronic gubbins inside?

James.
    I think he meant electronic wise. Sim cards are cheap. You can get one at the phone store (for like 20 bucks retail) or buy one (or several) on ebay for really cheap. Then just call & activate it to your line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I think he meant electronic wise. Sim cards are cheap. You can get one at the phone store (for like 20 bucks retail) or buy one (or several) on ebay for really cheap. Then just call & activate it to your line.

. . . . .or have Cingular replace it free, if that is the issue and if it is the one that came with the Treo. . . .
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    SIM Card Issue?

Classic behaviour of a loose or bad SIM card. . . . .

Put 3 pieces of scotch tape on the back of the SIM card to add more tension on the contacts . . . see if this cures the issue.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry - following your instructions seems to have done it (touch wood!).

Thanks,
    James.