1.    #1  
    I purchased this Hard Leather Vaja Treo 680 CoverCase from http://www.amazon.com/Original-Leath...bosnation0e-20 and I must say that this is the best case for my Treo. I had Treo 600 and 650 before and many cases for them but this case for my new Treo 680 is just fantastic. It's handmade leather hard case that Vaja sells for over $150. Good job CoverCase
    It looks nice, but I need something that protects the keyboard and stops me accidentally pressing abutton that silences an alarm or the phone ringing.
    This really isn't a Vaja case. Vaja is the name of the company that makes the case and this ain't no Vaja. I have used both this companies cases and the Vaja iVolution cases and there is no comparison. The quality of the Vaja is unsurpassed in every aspect from the fit to the feel to the smell. But that's why you pay the big bucks for them (BTW, the iVolution case for the 680/750 starts at $75 and tops out at about $100, depending on the options you get). This is a good case but my experience with them was it was tight fit and access to the keys around the edges was difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jameshenderson View Post
    It looks nice, but I need something that protects the keyboard and stops me accidentally pressing abutton that silences an alarm or the phone ringing.
    James:

You and me both...

I've been thinking of trying one of the Smartphone Experts PocketPouches to see if they protect from accidental "in your pocket" keypresses and silenced alerts/alarms/calls...

(you'd think that Palm would step up and fix the defective keyguard ).

Click the pictures below for more info on either...

http://store.everythingtreo.com/imag...2/thumbs/1.jpg http://store.everythingtreo.com/imag...1/thumbs/1.jpg

Notice that the left one is a bit longer than the right one.

The left one specifically mentions that it's 680 compatible, the right one doesn't.

They are both leather with soft suede inside. However that is all built around a polypropylene shell which is form-molded and it also happens to be only fractions of a millimeter thick.

I'm hoping the thin polypropylene is firm enough to prevent the inadvertent keypresses...

I read a review somewhere that there might be some side to side movement space because the 680 is a bit smaller, but that's nothing a little bit of ingenuity couldn't fix..

I'd like to test them side by side and send one back...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Experts

The new Executive PocketPouch has a tighter fit than the previous release, and is designed to hold the new Treo 680 and Treo 750 in addition to older Treo models.

The Smartphone Experts UltraSlim Executive PocketPouch is the thinnest, lightest and slimmest pouch leather case available for the Treo 750, 700p, 700wx, 700w, 680, 650, or 600, and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

The UltraSlim Pocket Pouch is entirely covered in fine, soft, real sheepskin on the exterior (available in black, brown and red) and an equally soft suede lining on the interior. Additionally, a stitched leather band running from side to side has been added to provide an elegant finish as well as to provide more lateral rigidity.

However, even though the leather is undoubtedly great, the best part of the UltraSlim Pocket Pouch is the polypropylene shell around which it is built. Not only has the shell been ‘form-molded’ to the exact contour of the Treo but it also happens to be only fractions of a millimeter thick.

Furthermore, the real beauty is that the structural properties of polypropylene and its thinness here allow this case to automatically ‘reshape’ after it is squeezed providing an even softer overall feel – where other such cases are extremely rigid the UltraSlim is completely flexible.

Amazingly the combination of the outer sheepskin, inner suede and shell are all so thin that the case only adds about 1mm of thickness (2mm on the sides where the extra stitched leather band runs). Additionally, them case is rounded at the bottom further enhances the sense of ‘compactness’ that it offers.

Because this case is designed primarily to protect against scratches when carrying your Treo 750, 700p, 700wx, 700w, 680, 650, or 600 in your pocket, jacket, suit or bag it is smooth all around and does not have any clips of any kind – your smartphone simply slides smoothly in and out of the case via the top opening when you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    James:

You and me both...

I've been thinking of trying one of the Smartphone Experts PocketPouches to see if they protect from accidental "in your pocket" keypresses and silenced alerts/alarms/calls...

I'd like to test them side by side and send one back...
    I've got one (the older one). I have read somewhere from someone (sorry that is vague) who has one of each that actually there is almost no difference between them.

I quite like it - it does protect your Treo from scratches, but it not strong enough to prevent it switching on - I think I am going to have to get a hard case or maybe wait for the Proporta lateral case for Treo 680 to come out .

James.