Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    On the buttons issue I suspect this is a bug in GMM's code rather than a concious decision on their part. Most likely, in Good's fervant attempt to fix the DST issues they simply forgot to check for what state the buttons were in before assigning the Good function to them...I suspect there will be a 4.9.3.22 sometime in the very near future to address this particular issue.
    The problem with that assumption, it seems, is that this appears to be new functionality. The app didn't take over the buttons in the past - or, at the least, if it did they respected the user's wishes by honoring hardware button assignments.

This is new functionality, in a release that includes a number of other new functions, which leads to the conclusion that they meant for it to happen.

It's deeply frustrating for those who want to take advantage of the hardware buttons on their phone for something other than Good. It's a really obnoxious design decision.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad View Post
    OK, I'm confused. I went out to good.com and all I could find is the SD install for 4.9.3. How do I install 4.9.3 OTA? All it gives me is a .prc and to install that OTA I have to designate it as custom software. I cannot uncheck 4.9.2.30 under the Good Technology apps, therefore it will push both the 4.9.2.30 as the true version and then I am pushing 4.9.3 as a .prc under Custom Software. Isn't that going to cause a conflict?

Certainly, this isn't right, is it?
    You need to update the server to 4.9.3.2 first. When you do that, you automatically have the new client version available to push out to all of the clients. If you go to the Good Technology Apps that you refer to, you should be able to check 4.9.3.21 and 4.9.2.3 will automatically uncheck. Notifications will start going out to all of your clients so they can update their client version via OTA.

BTW, OTA is the only available method of install now (cabled install has been discontinued on 4.9.3.2).

Hope this helps!
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Supporting Treo 650's, 700P's and MotoQ's on Sprint and Verizon.
    Good Admin too
    PCTim,

I did upgrade the server to 4.9.3.20. And no, the 4.9.3 client is not an option to push out. Every other upgrade has gone fine. This one has been wierd from the start. I think I'll wipe it clean and re-install it.

I have never cabled an install, kind of defeats the entire purpose of insulating my users from technology, and themselves.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    WooHoo! Re-installing did the trick. Wish my PBX upgrades would have been this easy.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by drgardner View Post
    The app didn't take over the buttons in the past - or, at the least, if it did they respected the user's wishes by honoring hardware button assignments.
    It did, on a fresh install or an upgrade. The difference this time is that previously, as you mention, when the phone was reset GMM would respect your remapping of the buttons. I suspect someone "accidently' removed the code from GMM that checked for the state of the buttons so that when GMM starts rather than seeing if the buttons have changed from GMM's "defaults", it simply applies it's defaults.

At least I'm seriously hoping that's what the issue is.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad View Post
    PCTim,

I did upgrade the server to 4.9.3.20. And no, the 4.9.3 client is not an option to push out. Every other upgrade has gone fine. This one has been wierd from the start. I think I'll wipe it clean and re-install it.

I have never cabled an install, kind of defeats the entire purpose of insulating my users from technology, and themselves.
    Glad you got it fixed. What I would have suggested next though, is after I upgraded, when I went to where the apps are, I had to scroll UP to see the new one You would think they wouldn't hide the newest one from view.

As far as the cabled installs, I always did them from the server myself. This method REALLY keeps the users from hurting themselves
    Tim
    Using MotoQ on Sprint
    Supporting Treo 650's, 700P's and MotoQ's on Sprint and Verizon.
    Good Admin too
    I dont think for a second that this was a bug. GoodGuy- we need an explanation. I've always mapped the shift-email button to launch Versamail for personal email, and now I cant . I have NO use for a two-step process to create a new email in Good when I can do it in one step!

GoodGuy, your silence on this is frustrating!
    By the way, Butler is a decent workaround- at least you can launch your choice of programs from the keypad. Send the bill to Goodlink
    The readme for the new client mentions a new "Getting Started" type screen with info on how to configure the buttons for a Palm OS phone. Since I'm now using a WM phone I can't comment on whether that screen is there or not I'm afraid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12