1.    #1  
    I have a bunch of tasks I need/want to do every so often. Things like "water the garden once a week", "email my sister once a month". Basically I would like my treo to remind me when I haven't done one of these tasks for too long. It would tell me "it's been more than a week since you last watered the garden", or whatever.
    What I am NOT looking for: I am not talking about "recurring appointments" in the Calendar. I do not want something that tells me "water the garden every monday". These are things I don't have to do at any set time, and I don't want to see them in my calendar.

How I imagine this would work:
    - Set up a list of tasks
    - for each task, set how often you want to do it (e.g. weekly, every two weeks, monthly, etc)

When you do one of the tasks, you choose it from the list, and say "Done".

There should be a view of all tasks that I haven't done for longer than the specified period.

Is there any existing software out there that can do this? I am a new Treo user, so I am hoping one of the more advanced calendaring/task management applications available can do this.

Thanks for any advice.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I dont know of any app that does all you want but Bluemoon does a fair bit of it.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. I will have a look at BlueMoon. Anyone have any other suggestions?
  4.    #4  
    Actually, it looks like BlueMoon does everything I asked for. Good stuff!
    Thanks TRgEOff
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amross View Post
    Actually, it looks like BlueMoon does everything I asked for. Good stuff!
    Thanks TRgEOff
    good to hear amross. I've never really exploited all its possibilities myself, I just use it specifically for its "blue moon" function-- there are some things I do very occasionally, and its often useful to know how long its been since I did them last. and being free is always a good feature!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    BlueMoon was last updated in '02. Is this stable on the 650 or 680?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's been very stable on my 650 and I have never seen any negative comments about it. I've never checked if it has any hede hit though, since I dont use any of its alarm functions.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    v1.17 appears to have been updated in 2005.

Game over!
    Well, as you know, many 650 apps do not play nice with the changes in the 680. Has anyone used BlueMoon on the 680?
    I simply use the built in Task manager, and slelect the repeat interval I need.