Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    I've just got a 680. I've installed the Camera patch but done nothing else to try and extend battery life yet. On my 45 minute commute to work this morning I surfed the web constantly and managed to drain the battery from 99% to 70%.
  2.    #222  
    hmmm, seems a bit more than expected. If you havent already, turn off the features you may not constantly need (eg. IR beam receive, Bluetooth) and reduce screen brightness to 50% or so, that should make a big difference. Oh, and calibrate the battery meter - otherwise you have no idea what 70% really is. - have a read of the first post in the DIGs top 4 tips thread
    My battery life has improved significantly by doing the following: 1. Completely discharging the battery. If your battery is turning off after just a few hours plug in the charger for a couple of minutes and then observe the battery symbol. It may still have more that 80 percent left. Then continue to keep in on and discharge it completely. (my Treo was turning off prematurely and I was continuing to topping off the charge with a short battery life cycle). 2. Do a full charge with may take longer than ususal. Now my battery lasts for several days and so far have not had the premature shut down I was experiencing in the past. This seems to recalibrate the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wernick View Post
    My battery life has improved significantly by doing the following: 1. Completely discharging the battery. If your battery is turning off after just a few hours plug in the charger for a couple of minutes and then observe the battery symbol. It may still have more that 80 percent left. Then continue to keep in on and discharge it completely. (my Treo was turning off prematurely and I was continuing to topping off the charge with a short battery life cycle). 2. Do a full charge with may take longer than ususal. Now my battery lasts for several days and so far have not had the premature shut down I was experiencing in the past. This seems to recalibrate the battery.
    let's face it guys. Having a 680 is too much about managing power.
  5.    #225  
    Wow, thanks for the great insight. I feel like a fool for having deluded myself for so long.
    Last edited by DIG; 06/18/2007 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    let's face it guys. Having a 680 is too much about managing power.
    I knew about the battery issues when buying a 680 but have gone from being ultra-cautious when using it to being a bit blase. I get about the same usage from it as I did my Vario II, when my extened battery arrives I'll be more than happy with it.
    I don't pay much attention to the battery issues anymore. I sometimes forget to put it on the charger at night. So what. In the morning on the way to work, I charge it in the truck. I have a cradle at work, too. Besides, I am getting pretty good battery performance since the update. I am happy with my Treo680.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112