1.    #1  
    my text thread only holds 300 messages per person, is this normal? is there anyway to get it to not erase after 300 messages? what is the difference between delete and purge messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasealicious11 View Post
    my text thread only holds 300 messages per person, is this normal? is there anyway to get it to not erase after 300 messages? what is the difference between delete and purge messages?
    Wow! You keep 300 SMS's? I cant talk..I dont dare delete my call log. I noticed that it purges itself..havent determined the cutoff yet. Well, the difference between purging and deleting is the amount of text's you delete. Purging is the same as deleting, but you can specify how far back do you want to delete. You can specify to purge (delete) all records older than a week, older than a month, etc.

I havent done a search, but I am sure there are some programs/software that allows you to export your thread to memo. I need to be exporting my call log, now that I think about it!
    30 messages, IMO, is just way too many to hold on to.

Everytime I did a backup or restore, I was still carrying around a bunch of useless messages.

Now, I even delete call logs. If the number is worth having, it just gets entered into my phone book.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    30 messages, IMO, is just way too many to hold on to.

Everytime I did a backup or restore, I was still carrying around a bunch of useless messages.

Now, I even delete call logs. If the number is worth having, it just gets entered into my phone book.
    I used to delete the call log weekly, just in case. But now I hide access to my call log (moving the fav button to a back page) and even though you can access it through the Call (green) button and I let her fill up! I use it to prove things...never know when you need to know when you called someone or vice versa, and those long (and useless) call detail reports from Sprint are not easy to get when youre away from a computer.

I'm surprised that there arent any solutions to export an entire thread. I guess copy and pasting are your only options, scandalex!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post

I'm surprised that there arent any solutions to export an entire thread. I guess copy and pasting are your only options, scandalex!
    Hmmm, not sure how I missed this comment 2 months ago. Copy & pasting? Not quite sure what that has to do with deleting calls or text messages.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I use Natara Comet to keep my call log at a decent size - http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Wow! You keep 300 SMS's? I cant talk..I dont dare delete my call log. I noticed that it purges itself..havent determined the cutoff yet. Well, the difference between purging and deleting is the amount of text's you delete. Purging is the same as deleting, but you can specify how far back do you want to delete. You can specify to purge (delete) all records older than a week, older than a month, etc.

I havent done a search, but I am sure there are some programs/software that allows you to export your thread to memo. I need to be exporting my call log, now that I think about it!
    The 300 limit is normal.... the same thing happens to me on my 700p as well as when I had my 650. I like how the 700p is A LOT faster at loading up the larger threads than the 650 was. They improved somehing!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!