Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAWX View Post
    San Francisco NWS Forecast:
    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/paw/nwsfcstsfo1.html

You also have True Color Satellite (Latest View and Last Clear View), MOS and Toggle to radar image.

Russ
    Thanks!

Now I found that when I hit the Radar button from that page, I correctly get the Northern California radar, but the page info says that it is the "Southern California" radar. When I go to the MOS page, I get MOS for SF, but when I hit the radar button from that page, I get Southern California radar (not just the page info, but the actual SoCal radar image).

Thanks

Dave
    Hey Russ - what am I doing wrong? Everything works great on my Treo 680, but when I hit city forecasts, it appears as a small blue vertical stripe on the left-hand side of my screen, undreadable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Hey Russ - what am I doing wrong? Everything works great on my Treo 680, but when I hit city forecasts, it appears as a small blue vertical stripe on the left-hand side of my screen, undreadable!
    Yup, I know how to fix this ...
    Get into the BLAZER control menu and select the Options Menu. Under Options, select 'Wide Page Mode'. That will fix the display.

The reason you need to run in Wide Page Mode is because the Forecast text is actually an image of the text. The image is as wide as the screen, but it has more lines than the screen will hold. I depend on the scroll function of the web browser to allow you to scroll the image (up and down / left and right). In the other browser setting (Optimized Mode) the Browser is scaling the web page contents to fit everything into the screen.

The reason that I write text as an image rather than a simple text file is that I have complete control of the text font and size in this mode. The number of fonts and the sizes are limited on these micro browsers. This method insures that the display will be consistant across the widest varity of browsers.

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Thanks!

Now I found that when I hit the Radar button from that page, I correctly get the Northern California radar, but the page info says that it is the "Southern California" radar. When I go to the MOS page, I get MOS for SF, but when I hit the radar button from that page, I get Southern California radar (not just the page info, but the actual SoCal radar image).

Thanks

Dave
    MAN DID I HAVE THAT MESSED UP! Sorry about that. I believe that the links are correct now. SF is one of a unique set of doube link forecasts. Depending on how you arrive at the forecast page you either end up zooming out into the Pacific Southwest or Pacific Northwest sectors. I had the links backwards on some of the options.

Russ
    Thanks Russ! Working fine now.

Andrew
    Hey, how about Des Moines, IA???? I know we are a flyover state, but...

;-)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234