Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Yes.
    This makes no sense. I wonder if they disabled something on my account then.

    Thanks. Do you regularly listen to internet radio? If you do, let us know if streaming suddenly stops.
  2. jfme's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #22  
    T-Zones is down again for me. (South East Area)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    T-Zones is down again for me. (South East Area)

    Weird, after I read your post, I tried every website I could think of and and couldn't access anything through T-Zones, including email (although I had just been in email about 15 minutes before). That lasted for about 2 minutes, and now everything is fine again, including streaming radio. I'm in the Northeast US.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Weird, after I read your post, I tried every website I could think of and and couldn't access anything through T-Zones, including email (although I had just been in email about 15 minutes before). That lasted for about 2 minutes, and now everything is fine again, including streaming radio. I'm in the Northeast US.
    Weird. Everything is fine here -- except that I can't connect to kut1.streamguys.net:80. I'm in Texas.

    You have a Treo 680, right?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Weird. Everything is fine here -- except that I can't connect to kut1.streamguys.net:80. I'm in Texas.

    You have a Treo 680, right?
    Yes, a very sexy crimson Treo 680!
  6. #26  
    They shut me down a few weeks ago. I called them and they said that I should not be able to use T-Zones on my Dash. They told me they took T-Zones off my account, since the Dash doesn't support it (I told them it's been working for months). They wanted me to go to their $29.99 plan for unlimited data, I told the rep there was no way in hell I was paying that much for EDGE. I told her I was never told about this when I signed up and they themslves added it to my account when I bought my Dash. I threatened to cancel my account and they said they would re-enable it. I just got a 680 and am using the $5.99 unlimited T-Zones $5.99 on my 680. Haven't had any problems since I said I would cancel my account with them. If you have any problems try this out, they don't want to lose any customers.
    Jimmie Geddes
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    They shut me down a few weeks ago. I called them and they said that I should not be able to use T-Zones on my Dash. They told me they took T-Zones off my account, since the Dash doesn't support it (I told them it's been working for months). They wanted me to go to their $29.99 plan for unlimited data, I told the rep there was no way in hell I was paying that much for EDGE. I told her I was never told about this when I signed up and they themslves added it to my account when I bought my Dash. I threatened to cancel my account and they said they would re-enable it. I just got a 680 and am using the $5.99 unlimited T-Zones $5.99 on my 680. Haven't had any problems since I said I would cancel my account with them. If you have any problems try this out, they don't want to lose any customers.
    I just had a similar conversation with T-Mobile about T-Zones/T-MobileWeb. They're gradually implementing a series of security measures to prevent us from doing what we've been doing for quite some time. T-Zones/T-MobileWeb is for WAP only, they say. So streaming won't work for me (it was shut down about a month ago) -- it is being implemented gradually across the country, so that they don't have too many support calls all at once.

    T-Mobile is going to lose their competitive edge if they think they're going to force us to go to a $30/month unlimited internet plan, because I'll have to consider jumping ship to AT&T :-(
  8. #28  
    no tzones access here also, and i think its just my account as well... i was able to get tzones/internet access for free until this week... everything: google maps, email, blazer, kinoma, ptunes - just stopped working...
  9. #29  
    Call them like I did an tell them you were never told that t-zones was going to be shut off just because they decided it wasn't a good money making plan, that's their problem not ours. Once you say the word "cancel" they somehow magically turn the t-zone switch back on. I'm using it on my Dash and Treo 680. When I bought my Dash I was told that since it had WiFi I didn't need to buy the $29.99 plan and should go with the T-Zone plan, this came from the T-Mobile salesman that sold me the Dash. They can't offer you something, have you pay for it, and realize that they've made a mistake. Call them out on it, they'll turn you back on, trust me.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Call them like I did an tell them you were never told that t-zones was going to be shut off just because they decided it wasn't a good money making plan, that's their problem not ours.
    Just wanted to point out that the posting before yours never signed up for T-zones at all. He was getting it for free, so when they finally figured out the problem they appear to have turned him off. Can't really blame T-mo for that.
  11. #31  
    My bad, if you're not paying for it you shouldn't get it. My comment was to anyone who is paying T-Mobile for T-Zones and getting shutdown. If you wanna play you've gotta pay.
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. #32  
    i guess the inevitable has arrived...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    They shut me down a few weeks ago. I called them and they said that I should not be able to use T-Zones on my Dash. They told me they took T-Zones off my account, since the Dash doesn't support it (I told them it's been working for months). They wanted me to go to their $29.99 plan for unlimited data, I told the rep there was no way in hell I was paying that much for EDGE. I told her I was never told about this when I signed up and they themslves added it to my account when I bought my Dash. I threatened to cancel my account and they said they would re-enable it. I just got a 680 and am using the $5.99 unlimited T-Zones $5.99 on my 680. Haven't had any problems since I said I would cancel my account with them. If you have any problems try this out, they don't want to lose any customers.
    I would be asking Tmobile if the DASH doesn't support TZones why does it have a key for it?

  14. #34  
    Good point, I didn't even think about that. I never used that key because it takes you to a WAP page, but clearly they have a T-Zones button there for a reason. Thanks for pointing that out, and now people will have more of a reason to justify T-Zones on the Dash.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions