Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
  1. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #1  
    Kinoma has released V4.1.2 of their faaaaaaabulous Kinoma Player 4 EX. If you are a legitimate registered owner, you probably should have gotten email about it.. or try the "check for updates" menu pull-down within the program. This is a maintenance release so it fixes a couple of bugs here and there (I can't even remember what they were..) .. so no, don't expect background play or dancing girls (damn!) or a beer dispenser or any other radically new features.. this is a free upgrade to current registered owners of V4.xx

    If you're a registered owner of the program and didn't get an email and the check for updates menu item doesn't pull down a new V4.1.2 installer for you then contact support@kinoma.com.

    By the way, the $5.00 off TC discount code is still in effect if you haven't yet purchased the program. They decided to leave it up for a while yet, but I don't know how long it'll be there..

    https://kinoma.cleverbridge.com/27/?...lk6&coupon=TC5

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  2. #2  
    They didnt make it alpha-sensitive so that you can type a letter and it will go to that letter in the media guide! Oh well, still a great program!
  3. #3  
    My videos no longer play after reinstalling. Audio plays fine, but no video.... Am I missing something?


  4. #4  
    i still dont like the fact that it looks up everything on the SD card. I have mp3 ringtones and pictures that i don't want to see in the app. So for me it is still sh**.
  5. #5  
    My videos and bookmarks still work....this time.

    With regard to it looking up everything, I wouldn't mind if that *feature* was eliminated, but to call it sh*t isn't fair. It's the best multimedia product for palm os that I have ever used.
  6. #6  
    Give mOcean, Pocket Tunes , CorePlayer, TCPMP a try, maybe you will change your mind.

    Yes I feel that the Kinoma Player is "Crappy", It is not one of the best players for the treo either, it just a player (what are you people smoking), it doesn’t have background play, if you are playing a song Kinoma Player will stop playing the song if you lookup another song to play. I don’t know about any of you but to me if I can’t at less have the ability look up songs without the current playing song not stopping. Then I would have to say it is a BIG piece of Sh”. I am not going to sugar coat this Sh” player. I see article after article about how good this Sh” player is and I don’t see it. I am a hard cord mp3 player user and I must say that the Sh” player is over rated BigTyme (Kinoma Player).
  7. #7  
    tymerock - How do you really feel? You need to come out of your shell more.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    Give mOcean, Pocket Tunes , CorePlayer, TCPMP a try, maybe you will change your mind.

    Yes I feel that the Kinoma Player is "Crappy", It is not one of the best players for the treo either, it just a player (what are you people smoking), it doesn’t have background play, if you are playing a song Kinoma Player will stop playing the song if you lookup another song to play. I don’t know about any of you but to me if I can’t at less have the ability look up songs without the current playing song not stopping. Then I would have to say it is a BIG piece of Sh”. I am not going to sugar coat this Sh” player. I see article after article about how good this Sh” player is and I don’t see it. I am a hard cord mp3 player user and I must say that the Sh” player is over rated BigTyme (Kinoma Player).
    I've used pocket tunes and tcpmp. Pocket tunes I use for music, but not for steaming video, I deleted tcpmp because I didn't see the need for it since I had kinoma.
    I use kinoma at work for listening to the radio, I stream and download youtube videos on a regular basis.
    My mind has not changed regardless of your anger.
  9. #9  
    I am not trying to change your mind. It is what it is.
  10. #10  
    it is the only one that streams wma
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post

    By the way, the $5.00 off TC discount code is still in effect if you haven't yet purchased the program. They decided to leave it up for a while yet, but I don't know how long it'll be there..

    https://kinoma.cleverbridge.com/27/?...lk6&coupon=TC5

    Harv
    If you already have kinoma preinstalled (700p for example), skip the code and follow these instructions to get it for $14.99.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...63&postcount=7
  12. #12  
    I have to agree with tyerock.
    I don't know how Kinoma gets such good reviews. I mean it streams media great but it sure lacks in other areas that would make this a killer app.
    Without a trial period a lot of user will get duped into purchasing this product by just reading the glowing reviews. I wish the reviewers would really actually "review" this product.

    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    I am not trying to change your mind. It is what it is.
  13. #13  
    the only audio I use kinoma for is streaming wma... pocket tunes is still the best audio player(IMO)... but how can you not love kinoma for video? having access to youtube alone is worth the price... what website on the web has more video content than youtube? Then when you add orb & live tv to the mix, you really can't beat it... but like they say, different strokes for different folks
  14. #14  
    Kinoma is very limited, agreed (eg, no background audio - come on now, there are several apps doing this already). However, it's THE Palm OS solution for streaming video.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    the only audio I use kinoma for is streaming wma... pocket tunes is still the best audio player(IMO)... but how can you not love kinoma for video? having access to youtube alone is worth the price... what website on the web has more video content than youtube? Then when you add orb & live tv to the mix, you really can't beat it... but like they say, different strokes for different folks
    Agreed. I don't listen to a lot of music anyway, so I don't really care about that aspect, but the video streaming, the downloads from you tube, I would have paid the full $25 just for that, but it also gives me access to listen to my favorite radio stations while at the office where my radio reception is horrible.

    So for me, kinoma is the perfect app.
  16. #16  
    pTunes and mOcean do a better job at streaming radio stations. I am just not into Kinoma lack of support for background play. I know I can’t be the only one who wrote to Kinoma about adding this. Is streaming video all that Kinoma Player is good for? While we are talking about video the Kinoma Player also lack video support of other formats that are standard like avi. Look, Kinoma is clearly not even close to being one of the best players. Don’t fool yourself. You can only watch so much YouTube at work if you are working.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock View Post
    pTunes and mOcean do a better job at streaming radio stations. I am just not into Kinoma lack of support for background play. I know I can’t be the only one who wrote to Kinoma about adding this. Is streaming video all that Kinoma Player is good for? While we are talking about video the Kinoma Player also lack video support of other formats that are standard like avi. Look, Kinoma is clearly not even close to being one of the best players. Don’t fool yourself. You can only watch so much YouTube at work if you are working.
    pTunes cant stream everything, and the area where pTunes lack is Kinoma's strength! Besides, youre fighting a downhill battle. If you want to watch streaming video and podcasts, you HAVE to have Kinoma! There are NO other choices out (without using software to tap into a home computer)! And most people are saying that they use both programs, not just one! Kinoma doesnt rule the audio realm, and pTunes cant hold a candle to Kinoma in video. Apples and Oranges!
  18. #18  
    I am so frustrated with this program, because I have tried 2 different SD cards and every time I launch the program, it scans the card, gets stuck on something and freezes. So the only thing I can use it for is streaming audio. And I have to remember to pop the card out before I launch it or else I am dealing with a reset. I just don't understand why it is happening. I have no idea what it could be getting stuck on....I don't have that much on it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    pTunes cant stream everything, and the area where pTunes lack is Kinoma's strength! and pTunes cant hold a candle to Kinoma in video. Apples and Oranges!
    I like Oranges, do you?
  20. dlbernau's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #20  
    it sounds like you have a corrupted media file. Pop over to the Kinoma forums-there is a thread about this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions