1.    #1  
    I have started to notice for the past 3 weeks now that for whatever reasons my Treo 680 will tell me that my battery is almost drained and the unit is shutting down and it does. This is when the battery is showing over 90%. This happens about once per week for sure.

I then have to take the battery out to reset the unit and it comes back on showing the full 90%+ again and everything works fine for another week or so.

Let me mentioned that I have the extended 2400 battery from seidio and now wondering if this is the battery or the phone causing the problem. I will put the battery that came with the unit back in and test for a week or so to see if its' something with this new battery.

Has anyone else with the extended battery have this problem or do you think it is a phone problem.
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
    I have the extended 2400, and have not experienced the problem you are reporting.

FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I have started to notice for the past 3 weeks now that for whatever reasons my Treo 680 will tell me that my battery is almost drained and the unit is shutting down and it does. This is when the battery is showing over 90%. This happens about once per week for sure.

I then have to take the battery out to reset the unit and it comes back on showing the full 90%+ again and everything works fine for another week or so.

Let me mentioned that I have the extended 2400 battery from seidio and now wondering if this is the battery or the phone causing the problem. I will put the battery that came with the unit back in and test for a week or so to see if its' something with this new battery.

Has anyone else with the extended battery have this problem or do you think it is a phone problem.
    Palm has admitted to having problems with their charging indicators from day one. If you would like a replacement we'd be happy to give you one, but if the Palm problems are still there the issue will just present itself again. Here are a couple of battery issues with the 680. Palm has adressed one of them.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...eraupdate.html

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/01/treo_680_batter.html

If you're still seeing problems, please contact Margaret at 832-204-1118 for a replacement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    That's kind of deceptive to continue posting that link which asserts quite boldly that Palm is the source of the advice. In fact, I do not believe there is any basis to believe that attribution. While you admit that your first link is actually to Palm, you then link to another that says its content is Palm's, when it is not.

Don't you think that is a bit dishonest to publicly link to a false post?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This exact issue was recently discussed on the PalmAddicts site. From what I read, those users decided it was the fault of the battery.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i'm canceling my plan to buy the extended battery because of this issue
    will wait for further reviews
    i'm NOT addicted to palm devices. can you give me my treo now?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Palm has admitted to having problems with their charging indicators from day one. If you would like a replacement we'd be happy to give you one, but if the Palm problems are still there the issue will just present itself again. Here are a couple of battery issues with the 680. Palm has adressed one of them.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...eraupdate.html

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/01/treo_680_batter.html

If you're still seeing problems, please contact Margaret at 832-204-1118 for a replacement.

Thanks
    I have tried the battery reset procedure and thought that everything was working find until today when I was in a meeting and while having my phone setting on the conference table it decide to shut itself off due to low battery. After taking out the battery and putting it back in it shows 96%.

I plan to call Margaret today at the number listed above. What should I tell her and do I mentioned someone's name from Seidio.
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
  8.    #8  
    Since the 7th of March I have put my orginal 680 battery back into my Treo to see if I get a "LOW BATTERY" warning again. It will be 5 days at the end of today that I have not had a shutdown.

In the meantime, I have requested a RMA# for a replacement 2400mAH from Seidio and will try it out again once I receive the new one.
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.