Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    "You know when Perry says something like that then Palm is really in deep sh*t."

Man, you've got that right. Will give them the benefit of doubt until there's no doubt left, and optimistic about just about everything.

I think he's that way because he does a clean install every night!

Definitely a good thing (we're all human). Love reading his stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    "You know when Perry says something like that then Palm is really in deep sh*t."

Man, you've got that right. Will give them the benefit of doubt until there's no doubt left, and optimistic about just about everything.

I think he's that way because he does a clean install every night!

Definitely a good thing (we're all human). Love reading his stuff.
    LOL

Well, ya know (much to Merlyn's utter disbelief) my 700P has been rock solid with only the occassional 3-5 second lag coming out of Blazer or another Internet app. (No crashes, no clean installs and only two Treo initated soft resets that I know of in three months.)

I will accept the fact that I live in an area of great signal strength and use Palm's own bluetooth headset without trouble, and lead a charmed life in general . . . . . .but that does not minimize the issues of others. . . .they exist and they should be resolved.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/18/2007 at 08:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    just to add fuel to the future treo fire

maybe 755p = 700p but with versachatteremail as the New email app then that could mean Marc got his hands on the os and tweaked the lag time down to a minimum ( all for hoping an wondering ) only time will tell eh????
    versachattermail????
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    To be honest, the next Treo really needs to be..for lack of a better term...different. Not only do they need to clean-up the mess they've left behind with the 700p (software issues, wifi, and PLEASE, for pity sake, fix the headset jack issue), the form factor needs a significant update as well. If steve Austin can be rebuilt (wow, that dates me), so can the TREO!

One also has to consider that the possible sale of Palm might shake things up a bit. That could be good or bad. We'll just have to see.
    Last edited by fwinst; 03/20/2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Hi fwinst!If the 18 to 24 month gestation period for a new device is correct . . . . . . .any influence a puchaser could bring to the product line would probably not be seen until 2009 . . . . . the next 18 months of product is, most likely, already in the pipeline. . . . .
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hi fwinst!If the 18 to 24 month gestation period for a new device is correct . . . . . . .any influence a puchaser could bring to the product line would probably not be seen until 2009 . . . . . the next 18 months of product is, most likely, already in the pipeline. . . . .
    Hi Perry,
    I agree. The next year or so is probably already in the pot. But, I'd be willing to bet other things are brewing as well. I just think that they need to turn up the heat on some of the items on the back burner. However, that still doesn't excuse their lack of action on persistant issues. Again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Hi Perry,
    I agree. The next year or so is probably already in the pot. But, I'd be willing to bet other things are brewing as well. I just think that they need to turn up the heat on some of the items on the back burner. However, that still doesn't excuse their lack of action on persistant issues. Again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=15

9.    #69  
    what do u know, no update yet...
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Is there any there there?
    There is no there there as far as the update, that's for sure.
    You people have no patience at all.
    Last edited by copernicus; 04/05/2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You people have no patience at all.

You, no doubt, just received about 20 friendly "virtual" slugs in the arm.
    Last edited by gtwo; 04/05/2007 at 12:03 PM.
  14.    #74  
    patience, lol

the time this fix comes out this phone will be so out dated no one will care anymore
    Patience in the SmartPhone world is measured in months not years so Palm has run out of time.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Patience in the SmartPhone world is measured in months not years so Palm has run out of time.

Al
    Yes, and look who is talking (posting.) They are losing the "true believers."
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234