Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have to agree that even with all the time, money, and effort I've invested in the POS I'm about ready to look elsewhere. It's just so frustrating always hearing the same answers, and seeing the same delays and unfulfilled promises. Wasn't my 600 supposed to get wifi? I'm afraid our Treo has fallen behind the curve of technology, and don't see it catching up anytime soon. It's been almost a year with no update on my 700.... how sad is this?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    I have to agree that even with all the time, money, and effort I've invested in the POS I'm about ready to look elsewhere. It's just so frustrating always hearing the same answers, and seeing the same delays and unfulfilled promises. Wasn't my 600 supposed to get wifi? I'm afraid our Treo has fallen behind the curve of technology, and don't see it catching up anytime soon. It's been almost a year with no update on my 700.... how sad is this?
    Not much sympathy here. I am in my third year of my GSM 650. Not only is there not an upgrade but no hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Isn't it hilarious that everyone is getting excited (again!!!) about an update that's not even close to being released. Another two months (assuming that it takes that long) is definitely out of Palm's 1st qtr target.

Awesome...great job Palm...way to provide world class product offerings and customer service. In fact, I'm sure my new Treo "Sherlock" will finally be able to do all of the things (well) that were promised on my 650. What a joke...
    The Road to Hell is paved with Palm's good intentions.
    I'll just try to be as optimistic as possible. I have been using a 700wx along my 700p just to try to put my mind on the fact that the Palm OS is going extinct and I need to move on but Windows Mobile is definitely not ready for prime time. This wasn't meant to start an OS war but a WinMo Treo will not be replacing my Palm OS Treo. I'll reluctantly have to wait for this update or pray that the "Sherlock" is indeed a much improved Palm OS Treo. Add to that the fact that I have a heavy investment in Palm software and I definitely can't make the jump to Windows.
    dang you guys have been complaining almost for a year for a fix to come out and now a fix is about to come out and there still people complaining
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowflash View Post
    dang you guys have been complaining almost for a year for a fix to come out and now a fix is about to come out and there still people complaining
    Must be Liberals
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Um....I'm going to focus on one portion of what you said...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowflash View Post
    dang you guys have been complaining almost for a year for a fix to come out
    You find something wrong with our complaining!? You're joking right?? Try this one for me. How about you go purchase an 8 cylinder automobile (brand new), have 1 of the cylinders miss-fire as soon as you drive it off of the lot, have the dealership/manufacturer not acknowledge you (after buying the previous 3 models of that vehicle from the dealership) or your issue after months of contacting them, fix issues with other vehicles in the meantime (while still ignoring you), tell you 7 months later that you do exist and that they believe your issue MIGHT be valid, tell you that they'll call you to bring your vehcile in within the next three months to maybe fix it, and then conviniently miss that deadline as well. Oh by the way, all of this is for a vehicle that was advertised to be a V8 at the time you purchased it.

You're trying to tell me that this is okay??? Please say no...please, just say no.
    I was equally as pissed when Orville boasted a 99% pop rate only to find at least 2% still in the bottom of the bag at the end of the video.

come to think of it... They still have'nt returned my call
    My Favorite part of the article:

"Treonauts always get the first updates…"
    This is exactly why I stopped reading that blog.
    Well, I hate to say it but I am getting kind of frustrated as well. I may be looking at alternatives. WinMobile is not one of them.

Although I hated my 7280 BB the new 8800 looks very interesting to me. http://www.blackberry8800.com/functi...ewfeatures.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    My point is this.

Let's say I have an app on my Treo that I can't do without and it currently works just fine.
    Then I put on the update and the app no longer works, but I really need it.

I would hope that I can just backoff the update and get my app working again vs being forced to stick with the update and not have the app.
    You dont ride Motorcycles I bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Must be Liberals
    They are the thinkers... Somebody needs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    He just told you how to back it off. Do a hard reset and re-install from backup.

Developers who work with systems that cannot come down for the purpose of backing out a disorderly appl will tell you that the backout capability may be non-trivial.
    You're missing the point. I don't have to do that with other operating systems and palm os is just another operating system. I can just back an update off. I don't have to restore from tape, I don't have to rebuild, I can simply uninstall and reboot.

In AIX all I have to do is make sure all current software is committed before the server is upgraded. When I upgrade, I apply not commit the updates. If the update doesn't work with the applications or databases on that server and the apps don't have fixes, I can simply tell it to uninstall all applied software, and that will remove everything I just installed.
    No restore involved, simple and clean.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 03/01/2007 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    You dont ride Motorcycles I bet?
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1445 View Post
    They are the thinkers... Somebody needs to.
    I admit that there are times when thinking would lead someone to complain. But that's not the same as saying "I complain therefore I think" That's just silly
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I admit that there are times when thinking would lead someone to complain. But that's not the same as saying "I complain therefore I think" That's just silly
    i cant even read what u wrote, i am starring at that avatar !

lol
    I noticed the, "Treonauts always get the first updates.", myself. I was thinking,"HELLO McFLY!!! I broke this story in Dec and have been talking to a Palm exec since for updates. The Tracker thread conveys 20 times more info than your tiny snippet. "

They didn't publicize our campaign and now they plagarize it calling it a news update. :O
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I noticed the, "Treonauts always get the first updates.", myself. I was thinking,"HELLO McFLY!!! I broke this story in Dec and have been talking to a Palm exec since for updates. The Tracker thread conveys 20 times more info than your tiny snippet. "

They didn't publicize our campaign and now they plagarize it calling it a news update. :O
    Do you have any other info Bob-C? Alternatively, can you just post the url for your thread?

thx
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    And i'm SOON ready to take a crap. I'll believe it when it happens.
    please fill in the missing parts....

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i cant even read what u wrote, i am starring at that avatar !

lol