Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK so I downloaded the update for push email. I goto versamail and try to set my email to "as it arrives" as shown in the picture. Well, I don't have that option! It only gives me "5 min" and higher... Am I doing something wrong here? What am I missing??? If you look at one of the pictures shown, it gives you an option to retrieve messages "as it arrives"

Anyhow any help is appreciated. Thanks...

http://www.palm.com/us/software/eas_update/lob.html
    The 700p unlike the 700w does not support push email. And thats why it can only "pull" email every 5 or 10 or whatever minutes you set it for.
    I have a 700p and Im using Wireless sync for email. Under sync options it says "push" and thats how I have it set....

So, is this incorrect? The 700p doesnt support push? Even if the option is checked?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It does push email. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

To the OP if yours doesn't say Push then you didn't apply the EAS Patch correctly, do a soft reset and then reapply the patch. May even need to download another copy of the patch.
    You need to sync it right after applying the patch. Then the option will appear.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You need to sync it right after applying the patch. Then the option will appear.
    Correct. Do a manual sync after installer. The attention manager should be flashing after your installation telling you to push the sync button.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I had to hard reset my 680 to get the EAS Patch to work. After the first manual sync, the autosync menu has 'as items arrive'. You must sync everything, calendar, contacts and email.

It is pretty neat, very blackberry like. However, I was using my Bose Headphones this morning and noticed the GPRS transmit noise (it's like a little buzzing). The transmit noise happens every 30 seconds, so that's how the Treo is getting email. It maintains a heartbeat connection to your Exchange server. When an item has changed in the mailbox, the server 'tickles' your Treo which in turn does an autosync. I'll see today how this is affecting battery life. I wonder how much data this uses in a day?
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I've loaded the eas patch it doesn"t say push but i wasn"t working with versamail, just my own email program. So i read this push software was just for versamail only is this True!!
    Only Veramail support ActiveSync. Hence, EAS only works with VersaMail.

I works, but it keep asking me to "EAS account: Please press the Sync button.". Is this because my EVDO is not always on? How do I make it always on so it always get the PUSH email? A message telling me to press Sync button is not a PUSH, it is PULL!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You only have to push the sync button once to enable push, unless something gets corrupted. Then you'll have to do it again. This has happened once to me. Once you sync, select "As items arrive" under the autosync option and you should be good to go.
    Tried many times. Already enabled "As items arrive." It will keep poping this message:"EAS account: Please press the Sync button."
    Is yours a corporate or private Outlook account? If corporate, make sure your IT people allow access.
    Hello, it is corporate and I have the access. It works fine when I press Sync as what the message tells me to. However, this defeat the idea of "PUSH" mail, isn't it.

I am using Sprint unlimited data. Do you think it is service provider related? This is because my Data access is not always on and I wonder if this the reason why my Treo keep telling me to press Sync.
    Good question....I don't know the answer. The question is simple: if push is enabled, and an email comes in and can't be pushed, does it send a message telling you to sync, or just wait until the connection is complete? Since I deleted my update, I don't use it, but I'm sure someone will have an answer....
    Hello, the PUSH works. If I just press the "sync" in versaMail and some new emails come in while my phone still connect to the data plan, I will get the notification (the yellow bell) says "I have xx mails in my Exchange account". If it stay idle and data plan got disconnect by itself, I will get the notification (yellow bell) says "EAS account: Please press the Sync button." I don't get a email to tell me to sync. I get the Palm notification to tell me to sync. I found someone has the same problem but has no solution yet... any idea?

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...essage.id=2908
    Well, updating your Treo is the smaller part of this. You download the update and you're set.

Getting the Exchange server updated to the right level is the part that's probably a lot larger. You sure that's been done? There really isn't any way to know from the user perspective, and making this feature work probably isn't a key factor in getting the service pack applied...
    Yes, my exchange server is 2003 with SP2 with ISA 2004 in front.
    Exact same problem here. I can't believe I waited for this, and it doesn't work. Very disappointing.
    It works right... It only tells you to Sync after you've lost EVDO connection for some reason. My office is in the basement of our building. Sometimes I keep a good connection down there, some times I don't. When I lose service, and then come back to service, it asks me to Sync (or, basically, to force a reconnect). Then I got really brave, and I use Chatter (with the exchange plugin) for email, and then Versamail just to get my Calendar/Contacts. Chatter will reconnect on its own, so I never have to reconnect manually.

As far as using Versamail and Chatter? I love it. I just have the mail capture turned down to one day, no attachment, and no notifications in Versamail. If only it sync'ed tasks as well, I'd be in heaven.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorv View Post
    It works right... It only tells you to Sync after you've lost EVDO connection for some reason. My office is in the basement of our building. Sometimes I keep a good connection down there, some times I don't. When I lose service, and then come back to service, it asks me to Sync (or, basically, to force a reconnect). Then I got really brave, and I use Chatter (with the exchange plugin) for email, and then Versamail just to get my Calendar/Contacts. Chatter will reconnect on its own, so I never have to reconnect manually.

As far as using Versamail and Chatter? I love it. I just have the mail capture turned down to one day, no attachment, and no notifications in Versamail. If only it sync'ed tasks as well, I'd be in heaven.
    Are doing a timed sync or push with contacts and calendar?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast