1.    #1  
    Hi ,

I am new. I like the phone, but how do I hook it up to my car ipod jack to play music? Is it possible?

Thanks
    Depends on the type of iPod interface you have. The short answer is no, the long answer if maybe. Most newer car stereos have interfaces that allow USB connections to them. However the Treo most likely will not interface to the stereo. My iPod adaptor transfers the control of the iPod to the stereo, and I am sure that there is no way you would be able to do that with a phone.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    It depends on your "iPod connection". If it is a true iPod dock connector then it won't unless there is some sort of third party adapter out there. If it is the generic "mp3 connector" that many manufacturers are using now then it most definitely will. Just use the same cable that you use to connect to the iPod and connect it to the Treo, using the headphone adapter of course.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Depends on the type of iPod interface you have. The short answer is no, the long answer if maybe. Most newer car stereos have interfaces that allow USB connections to them. However the Treo most likely will not interface to the stereo. My iPod adaptor transfers the control of the iPod to the stereo, and I am sure that there is no way you would be able to do that with a phone.

Do you mean a Treo or any phone? My kids can hook their Sony Ericsson w810i Walkman phones up to our car stereo using a $4 adapter I bought at Wal-Mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Do you mean a Treo or any phone? My kids can hook their Sony Ericsson w810i Walkman phones up to our car stereo using a $4 adapter I bought at Wal-Mart.

How do they control the music? On my stereo, the radio controls the iPod (I have it tucked away in the glove box, out of sight/out of mind). Someone looking in would never know that there was an iPod installed. Playlists, albums, etc. all controlled from the stereo. The cable for my adaptor plugs into the iPod plug, not the headphone jack.