1.    #1  
    I was at work today, and i looked at my treo, and the radio was shut off.
    so i turned it on, and later it turned off again. is it because the signal is week at my work.
    or is there a setting, to keep searching for a signal so it won't keep shutting of the radio.
    thanks for the help.
    The radio should not be shutting off. This is not a feature of thre Treo that I am aware of.

Weak or no signal areas have been an issue for draining the battery, as the Treo will continually search for better service and drain the battery in doing so.

I have not heard of such a program -- but per chance do you have a Treo from someone who installed a program that would turn the radio off in a no signal areas?
  3.    #3  
    it never did this, untill i did the palm update on the software and firmware.
    it doesn't do it at home, just at work, i will be setting there and i hear a ding,
    and i check my phone and the radio is off.
    Since I got my new house Perry I now can drain a completely charged Treo in 8 hours without even using it or touching it. There is a small hole in my area where Sprint has fair to no signal and I happened to move in it. I hate Verizon and now I rely on them when I roam...I am paying for my past VZW blasphemy.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Is this a Treo with a SIM card?

If so, I suspect a bad or loose SIM card.
  6.    #6  
    yes i have a sim card, i'm using t-mobile.
    do you think it has to do with the update that i used
    Hey K -- can you force roaming at home to stop the draining and will Sprint give you the roaming free for their coverage hole?
    650Dude -- I am not sure if the update made your phone more sensitive to the issue -- but the phone turning off is a classic bad or loose SIM issue.

I would check w/ the store but in the mean time -- put 3 thicknesses of scotch tape on the back of the SIM to stop the looseness if that is the issue. The SIM could just be flaky, as well.
  9.    #9  
    ok i will give it a try.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hey K -- can you force roaming at home to stop the draining and will Sprint give you the roaming free for their coverage hole?
    I do have roaming for free, but it isn't that bad. Last month I roamed for 40 minutes between my wife and I. The signal is just weak and I will drop calls more than my phone automatically roams. It depends where I leave the phone when it drains and I know where not to leave it. Actually, the issue is so sparadic thru out the house with dropping calls and if I get stupid and leave it in the wrong place that I just have to make sure it is fully charged before bed, and I turn off the phone at night so it doesn't drain. And my wife and I have PRL 20226 update. It actually hasn't been that bad this month but I wonder does a weak signal merit power drainage also?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I do have roaming for free, but it isn't that bad. Last month I roamed for 40 minutes between my wife and I. The signal is just weak and I will drop calls more than my phone automatically roams. It depends where I leave the phone when it drains and I know where not to leave it. Actually, the issue is so sparadic thru out the house with dropping calls and if I get stupid and leave it in the wrong place that I just have to make sure it is fully charged before bed, and I turn off the phone at night so it doesn't drain. And my wife and I have PRL 20226 update. It actually hasn't been that bad this month but I wonder does a weak signal merit power drainage also?
    Yes, WEAK and NO signal get the Treo searching --don't ask me what the threshold on "WEAK" is though, LOL.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/27/2007 at 06:03 PM.
    I had exactly the same problem with my treo turning the phone off by itself and it was indeed the SIM tray problem as Perry detailed. Luckily I had a spare SIM tray with an extra 'lump' under where the SIM card goes, so I put that one in and the problem was solved!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)