Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar.gif

    Uploaded v1.5

    Release Notes:
    • Fixed problem of resets on termininating call on the Treo 680. (Treo 680 users,, it's done!!!)
    • Appears to have problem using on-screen buttons on the Treo 680. Please report your observations here.
    • Solved problem where two key presses were required to exit phone application during a call (affected all Treo variants).
    Continued from this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137823
    Game over!
  2. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #2  
    Haven't had time to test 1.5, so the following comments refer to 1.4.1

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    - Ensure that the notes are located within the first 250 characters.
    - Ensure that your notes are brief (approx 3 lines or 30 words).

    If you can figure out any pattern in the resets, please do let me know.
    Ok here's what we've got so far:

    Calls from mobile numbers work fine

    All calls from a certain number that I am testing cause strange behaviour

    The number is a landline that has a CallerID bar on it. Normally this shows up as "No Caller ID"

    If the attached contact has a <ts>xyz</ts> style note in it my Treo resets without ringing upon receiving the call

    If the attached contact has no note, the call goes through displaying the "No Caller ID" but the Treo only responds (begins to ring) after the calling party has heard a standard ring 3 times (about 5 seconds).

    If the call bar is removed from the landline, then the Treo resets regardless of if the attached number contains a <ts>xyz</ts> style note or not.

    I tried to simplify it, but it still seems pretty complicated. Feel free to ask any further questions that might help with your development.
  3. #3  
    I downloaded 1.41 to try. It says I need a registration code before I can take it for test drive. Is that right?

    Mark
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
  4. #4  
    No...you don't need a registration code to try the app out.
  5.    #5  
    Hey fly888,

    Thanks for the detailed explanations. To rephrase...

    Calls from a barred number - "No Caller ID" - causes resets under various circumstances. Including, after the call bar is removed (w/ and w/o the note).

    I''ll send you a debug build to try... you can report back with what you find.

    Unfortunately, I cannot test this because, here, caller ID cannot be barred.

    Also, try with v1.5 and let me know.

    - mvk

    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    Haven't had time to test 1.5, so the following comments refer to 1.4.1

    Ok here's what we've got so far:

    Calls from mobile numbers work fine

    All calls from a certain number that I am testing cause strange behaviour

    The number is a landline that has a CallerID bar on it. Normally this shows up as "No Caller ID"

    If the attached contact has a <ts>xyz</ts> style note in it my Treo resets without ringing upon receiving the call

    If the attached contact has no note, the call goes through displaying the "No Caller ID" but the Treo only responds (begins to ring) after the calling party has heard a standard ring 3 times (about 5 seconds).

    If the call bar is removed from the landline, then the Treo resets regardless of if the attached number contains a <ts>xyz</ts> style note or not.

    I tried to simplify it, but it still seems pretty complicated. Feel free to ask any further questions that might help with your development.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/27/2007 at 09:46 PM.
    Game over!
  6. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Hey fly888,

    Thanks for the detailed explanations. To rephrase...

    Calls from a barred number - "No Caller ID" - causes resets under various circumstances. Including, after the call bar is removed (w/ and w/o the note).
    You got it.

    I've installed 1.5 & have also had some time to dial my line from different handhelds. I can now confirm that this is not a landline vs mobile problem. All calls from barred numbers (or previously barred numbers which have been unbarred) cause problems.

    I'd be happy to help you iron out the kinks if I can.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    You got it.

    I've installed 1.5 & have also had some time to dial my line from different handhelds. I can now confirm that this is not a landline vs mobile problem. All calls from barred numbers (or previously barred numbers which have been unbarred) cause problems.

    I'd be happy to help you iron out the kinks if I can.
    That's good news (as it were!). Now we know that all barred numbers cause resets... I'll post a fix here shortly so you can try it out... and post feedback. Check you PM after some time.

    - mvk
    Game over!
  8.    #8  
    fly888...

    Try this one (v1.51), it should be ok. Also, check your PM.

    - mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Game over!
  9. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #9  
    Sorry I haven't been able to test this in the past 2 days - just been a bit busy.

    1) 1.5.1 does not work either

    2) The test build you sent me does not reset the Treo when a barred call comes in.

    3) The pop up window reads "Call number: " although I can't tell if there are any spaces after it. Everything is just blank.

    On 1 occasion (strangely) the proper TreoStar popup reminder was also displayed (the one attached to the corresponding contacts note), even though the number was barred and did not display. Now the test build will no longer display the TreoStar popup reminder, even if the call comes from an unbarred number. This is true even after a reset.

    I also get calls that are not barred randomly showing up as "No Caller ID" as if they were barred. This is very random however & can not find any link to why this happens. It is however, definitely linked to TreoStar as when I disable TreoStar, everything returns to normal.

    If I can clarify anything, or can help any more just let me know.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been able to test this in the past 2 days - just been a bit busy.

    If I can clarify anything, or can help any more just let me know.
    Thanks fly888... the only conclusion one can make is that it is all very random, or nothing works as expected. I'll review the code and try to figure out if anything is wrong.

    In the meanwhile, anybody else having this problem?

    - mvk
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    No...you don't need a registration code to try the app out.
    Okay... but the manual says...

    Invoking TreoStar from the Preferences Panel will display the TreoStar Preferences form. TreoStar currently has only one option, to enable or disable it. Future versions will probably have more options.

    Unfortunately, I can't get past the preference panel to invoke TreoStar. What am I missing?
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
  12. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wink100
    Unfortunately, I can't get past the preference panel to invoke TreoStar. What am I missing?
    The preferences should be located under "Other" in the preference pane.

    If you miss it check under "Info..." to be sure that TreoStar is installed on your handheld.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    In the meanwhile, anybody else having this problem?
    I'd like to know if anyone else is having this problem too. If no one is, then I'm about to start deleting apps that might be conflicting. This is a piece of software that I'd really like to have up & running.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone else is having this problem too. If no one is, then I'm about to start deleting apps that might be conflicting. This is a piece of software that I'd really like to have up & running.
    fly888!

    Don't be in a hurry to delete apps from your Treo. Apps don't (or shouldn't) really interfere in the way that we have discovered.

    I suspect that there may be something in your network (which network are you on?). If you travel, you could try from a different location.

    Anyways, one thought... are all your numbers in Contacts entered as mobile (or main, work, home) numbers? or have you renamed them? or maybe you have a phone that uses a foreign language...

    - mvk
    Game over!
  14. #14  
    Green Hex,
    I have installed and uninstalled twice. On the verizon network, sometimes when trying to make a call, it reboots my phone and all registration numbers, etc. are lost. I am going to try the phone without treostar for a few days and see if that is the problem.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Green Hex,
    I have installed and uninstalled twice. On the verizon network, sometimes when trying to make a call, it reboots my phone and all registration numbers, etc. are lost.
    cadman,

    Do you have non numeric characters in you phone numbers (other than '+' and '-')? Then you need to use the latest build. Download from: http:/www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html

    Any others on a CDMA network having this problem?

    - mvk
    Game over!
  16. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #16  
    1) My contacts mobile numbers are all in the form of 'mobile,' while 'home' are home etc
    2) I do run CJKOS (Chinese) on my palm but the problem persists even while the program is disabled
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    I do run CJKOS (Chinese) on my palm but the problem persists even while the program is disabled
    fly888,

    Does CJKOS get disabled *completely* or only some functions (maybe UI stuff) get disabled. If it were me, I'd uninstall CJKOS first and try.

    - mvk
  18. fly888's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Does CJKOS get disabled *completely* or only some functions (maybe UI stuff) get disabled. If it were me, I'd uninstall CJKOS first and try.


    Uninstalled CJKOS completely & am still getting resets.

    If it is the network, is there any way I can record what ever signal TreoStar relies on so that I can send it your way?
  19. #19  
    Any news on the new program idea?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Any news on the new program idea?
    Proto working on my 650...

    (Couldn't hold back, eh? And why the ???)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions