1.    #1  
    The Apple DotMac webmail interface has recently been "upgraded" and seems to have rendered it largely disfunctional on my Treo. I can access the page and see the individual mails but now they are no longer "hot" meaning one can no longer tap on an individual mail's author or subject line (I forget which it used to be) and have the mail open up to be read. This means that the sender and subject can be seen but you can't read the mail!!

Please tell me I'm missing something or help with any ideas. Imagine if this was done to spur iPhone sales!!

Be well, all.

David
    I have .Mac as well.
    The upgrade to the webmail now implements some horrible java (or javascript) code which is almost useless from anything other than a desktop browser.
    I just use Versamail (or any other POP3/IMAP mail program) to check my .Mac mail account.
    It's faster that way anyway and you can also create a schedule for Versamail to check for mail.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Mero:

Thanks. I don't check often enough to want to use a Treo based client, especially the much-maligned Versamail, blamed for sooooo many varied difficulties on this and other boards.

Do you think this means just no more Treo web access to .Mac mail AT ALL??

Btw, not too much sorrow I hope. ;-D

Be well, all.

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 02/27/2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    HavVe you tried using Opera? Its a Java browser and opens sites like espn much better than Blazer.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  5.    #5  
    e2Chris:

Thanks for the suggestion. Does one download Opera OTA to the device or through Hotsync and do you need to install some kind of Java functionality?

Anyone successfully using the "new" Apple DotMac webmail on their Treo?

Be well, all.

David
    Last edited by dhbuckley; 03/01/2007 at 08:50 AM. Reason: forgotten word
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I use chatter for my.mac, works fine...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    You have to install Java. Search here for help doing that. Then search for opera here how to install it. There was a good post which helped a lot of ppl.
    If I could know then, what I know now.