1.    #1  
    I would love to SMS multiple people without having to tab the 'to:' button and searching in the contacts list every time. Don't need to setup groups, just want to get to the contact list, select multiple people, then back to the SMS.

Anyone know how?

Yokie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokie Kuma View Post
    I would love to SMS multiple people without having to tab the 'to:' button and searching in the contacts list every time. Don't need to setup groups, just want to get to the contact list, select multiple people, then back to the SMS.

Anyone know how?

Yokie
    After selecting the first person your gonna SMS, hit return on the keyboard and it will allow you to add another person. I found this out by fluke the other night, drunk at work.
    3 jam reply
    www.3jam.com
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    After selecting the first person your gonna SMS, hit return on the keyboard and it will allow you to add another person. I found this out by fluke the other night, drunk at work.
    Well, I see it will let me add a person. But I still need to go to the drop down menu (down arrow next to "To") then to the contact list then I select someone else and get returned to the SMS. Then have to go to to drop down arrow .... and on and on and on ....
  5.    #5  
    and I don't know about 3jam. I live in China and would rather have something living on the phone.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you just type in the first letters of the first and last name you don't have to search through your whole contacts list.
    Last edited by d1hamby; 02/27/2007 at 03:34 AM.
    Btw you can setup a Favorites shortcut to a Group of people you SMS regularly from your Phone App - create this in your Favorites/SpeedDial page as a Message shortcut to the multiple contacts
    Select New Favorite
    Then Message
    Then add your Contacts one by One
    Rename this Favorite to something meaningful
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    palmdoc2005, this is a great tip, thanks! I have been trying to find a way to create a distribution list for e-mail on my Treo 680. This works perfectly.
  9. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Thanks, palmdoc2005, for the tip.
    and I don't know about 3jam. I live in China and would rather have something living on the phone.
    There is a .prc that can be downloaded to your Treo
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
  11.    #11  
    Thanks everyone. I'll try the above tips. It really is a shame though I cannot scroll through my contacts list, see the names, check / select them without the screen changing, and then accepting all.

Oh well.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Anyone know how?

Yokie
    Try FunSms for Treo
    http://www.fun4palm.de/x4/produkte/funSMS4.asp
    http://www.fun4palm.de/x4/produkte/download.asp

I use the PDA version and it does what you are requesting.
    You can also try MaxText
    http://www.maxtext.com/index.html

John
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Btw you can setup a Favorites shortcut to a Group of people you SMS regularly from your Phone App - create this in your Favorites/SpeedDial page as a Message shortcut to the multiple contacts
    Select New Favorite
    Then Message
    Then add your Contacts one by One
    Rename this Favorite to something meaningful
    Looks good but as far as I can see you have to manually enter every number. Is that right?