1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed that there isn't one multimedia Palm application that would rule them all?

Take for instance:

Kinoma - great streaming capabilities, has windows media support, plays most audio files BUT has horrible file management for music. Cannot browse (drill down) by ID3 tags. Plus no background playback.

Ptunes - good interface (file management), great sound quality, streams audio ok, plays most audio files BUT does not support windows media streaming, very expensive and no video playback

mOcean - great interface (file management), syncs with iTunes BUT does not support aac files (why would you sync with iTunes but not support non-DRM aac files is beyond me - the default ripping prefs in iTunes is 128 AAC!)

So my search continues for the one true multimedia app.
    As you pointed out there's not one true app and probably never will be for this generation of the palm os. I'm satisfied with Kinoma 4 and Ptunes 4.
  3.    #3  
    That just seems so odd that a developer wouldn't look at what's out there and say, "Hey! I'll just seize on the mistakes of others and create this wonderful app."

I mean aren't we all always looking for that killer Palm app? It's not like there's anything wrong with the OS. It already can support AAC playback, ID3 file management, Windows Media streaming and video playback.

Kinoma, PTunes and mOcean just need to tweak a couple features and they have the ultimate app. I think Kinoma is the closest because they just have to work on ID3 file management.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    As you pointed out there's not one true app and probably never will be for this generation of the palm os. I'm satisfied with Kinoma 4 and Ptunes 4.