Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    GREAT!!! I'm installing it now!!! I'll let you know how it goes!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    WOW WOW WOW!!! What a program!! I love it!! Especially the ability to customize the messages sent to people.

Some comments:
    1. The Do Not Disturb function does not register the call. It sends the SMS properly, but no call shows up in the call log. That would be bad for a businessman. How about making the Do Not Disturb function essentially an "Automatic Ignore?" I don't know if that's technically feasible.
    2. It would be nice to add a list of possible messages to choose from. So I could pick from something like, "At the movies..." or "In a meeting...." without having to type them out.
    3. SMS messages are not displayed in the "Messaging" application. Not really a big deal to me. I think it would just clutter the application with automatic replies.

I have had no crashes or resets. In fact this program works wonderfully and as advertised. This add significant functionality to my Treo. BRAVO!!!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    WOW WOW WOW!!! What a program!! I love it!! Especially the ability to customize the messages sent to people.
    It is a real relief that it works properly on a CDMA device...

1. The Do Not Disturb function does not register the call. It sends the SMS properly, but no call shows up in the call log. That would be bad for a businessman. How about making the Do Not Disturb function essentially an "Automatic Ignore?" I don't know if that's technically feasible.
    The DND function needs to be fixed... but as long as there are no resets (I'm paranoid about this) it's good!!!

2. It would be nice to add a list of possible messages to choose from. So I could pick from something like, "At the movies..." or "In a meeting...." without having to type them out.
    Ok... here we have a problem. Not that it cannot be done.

It is like this: I would like TreoFlex to work autonomously, without any user interaction and go to back to sleep. (unless the user "catches" TreoFlex "in the act")

If I put a SMS selection, the TreoFlex execution would necessarily be blocked, and wait for user intervention. And that is no good. I'm still figuring out a way to implement this in a decent way.

3. SMS messages are not displayed in the "Messaging" application. Not really a big deal to me. I think it would just clutter the application with automatic replies.
    Yeah I too though the same, no point cluttering the SMS application with messages that you send. In case you have an SMS counter application, the counter should reflect the SMSs sent.

I have had no crashes or resets. In fact this program works wonderfully and as advertised. This add significant functionality to my Treo. BRAVO!!!
    Thanks so much!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Ok... here we have a problem. Not that it cannot be done.

It is like this: I would like TreoFlex to work autonomously, without any user interaction and go to back to sleep. (unless the user "catches" TreoFlex "in the act")

If I put a SMS selection, the TreoFlex execution would necessarily be blocked, and wait for user intervention. And that is no good. I'm still figuring out a way to implement this in a decent way.
    I don't want to speak for akula34 but I thought he was asking for the ability to select from a list of predefined outgoing messages within the preferences panel itself. So, you can quickly select the outgoing message that most reflects your situation at the time without having to type out the same message.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    I don't want to speak for akula34 but I thought he was asking for the ability to select from a list of predefined outgoing messages within the preferences panel itself. So, you can quickly select the outgoing message that most reflects your situation at the time without having to type out the same message.
    Aaaah!

Look out for it in a subsequent release. It is messy and unwieldy, but no problem. I think I'll make a separate UI (application, not preferences panel) to only do this. that way one can keep TreoFlex small and efficient.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Hoovs... right on. Exactly what I was thinking! Having a separate interface would be nice because I could then link it to a shortcut.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12