• mocean

2 4.65%
  • kinoma

10 23.26%
  • ptunes

31 72.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been fooling around with the newest version of ptunes, kinoma, and mocean...?

I like the functionality of mocean being that the interface is real nice and just like my IPOD and i like that i can link to my internet radio stations and also view pictures

I use kinoma player to listen to certain radio stations, i am not sure how to find those radio stations via mocean or ptunes, internet radio
    Kinoma is also good for watching certain movies that are converted and viewing pics and videos on your treo and also some great channels to watch TV.

For example i was trying to copy and past the link from kinoma to mocean to listen to z100 in NY and it doesnt work...

Anyone know how to find a radio station url , for example purposes z100 in NY so i can listen to it via ptunes or mocean...?

The only real thing i like about ptunes is the cross fade, lol
    pretty much what that program does the rest can do as well...

i think i choose mocean as my favorite music player being that it has a great interface but i just have to figure out how to play all the internet streams that kinoma player allows u to play. Anyone know how?
    Kinoma is my favorite (it does video and streaminf windows media), although I use pTunes more (I mostly listen to streaming AAC+ radio and mp3).

At this point in time, I have to have both.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I didn't vote because I use Kinoma for video and PTunes for most of my audio-only stuff.
    The poll will be flawed as many like myself use both out of necessity: neither is the be all end all of media players.
    What about TCPMP and Mundu Radio? I use those more than pTunes, but out of your choices I use pTunes...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I didn't vote because I use Kinoma for video and PTunes for most of my audio-only stuff.
    Ditto. If pTunes had video capability, they could rule the market! Or, if Kinoma can do background play..they could make pTunes useless (well, if they incorporate an equalizer)!
    ptunes 3.x = small memory foot print. plays mp3 in the background when using GPS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #8  
    after some time of fooling around i would say that kinoma is good for streaming and playing video but not for playing music... u cant play songs in the background and u can not even look up another song without stopping current one playing...one good quality that i have noticed is that it doesnt skip while playing mp3s from my SDHC card... mocean skips (goes in and out) while playing mp3s and ptunes is also good for not skipping any of my mp3 songs.. i was able to add links of internet stations in ptunes... the only thing i am having trble with now is adding radio stations to ptunes, can u do that... for example i am looking for z100..(100.3fm) NY station

any ideas...?

so so far mocean i think is at the bottom of the list, the only real nice thing about mocean is the user interface, just like an ipod

can anyone recommend a good spot to get skins for ptunes?
    at this very moment its kinoma, how else could I be watching geogretown vs villanova while I'm @ work
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    at this very moment its kinoma, how else could I be watching geogretown vs villanova while I'm @ work
    What channel are you watching that on with Kinoma?
    espn... using orb
    HTC Touch Pro
    I only use Kinoma to stream radio stations I can't stream in Ptunes. Ptunes is far better in most instances and the primary reason is that Ptunes WORKS with SAG and Kinoma DOES NOT. Although if they don't fix this danged bluetooth soon, I'm throwing the entire business out the window. It is absolutely ridiculous that Palm has taken this long to fix it and released such a horribly unstable product.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    ptunes 3.x = small memory foot print. plays mp3 in the background when using GPS.
    Me too, for exactly the same reasons. Kinoma doesn't play in the background, and mOcean is too slow (has to read all 1000 or so mp3s I have on my 8 GB SDHC card, every time it starts up - why can't it cache this info like ptunes. If ptunes 3.x had a decent interface like mOcean, it would be perfect for my needs (I don't do streaming audio etc.)
    I use:

Ptunes for music
    Kinoma for video and audio Streaming
    TCPMP for vids and cuz its free...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My choice, TCPMP, is not on the list of options.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    TCPMP kills every other player. AVC, AAC Plus and AVRCP
    I started w/ RealPlayer on my Tungsten T2 and have been moving it forward ever since as my MP3 player. (Went crazy one week when they had a 50 cent sale.)

Kinoma for streaming.
    CorePlayer for videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    TCPMP kills every other player. AVC, AAC Plus and AVRCP
    I can't get AVRCP to work... :-(
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I like Kinoma...
    -wma streaming works very well (lots of am/fm stations available)
    -aacplus streaming works (good audio quality @ low bitrates)
    -great for podcasts (you can enter rss urls)
    -great for viewing google & youtube videos
    -kinoma media guide is very handy
    -easy to customize with bookmarks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast