View Poll Results: Which IMAP Client for Windows does not suck?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Outlook

1 8.33%
  • Outlook Express

0 0%
  • Eudora

0 0%
  • Mozilla Thunderbird

10 83.33%
  • Entourage

1 8.33%
  • Mulberry

0 0%
  • Other IMAP Client for Windows - vote and post which one

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Is there such a thing as an IMAP Client for Windows that does not suck?

Outlook - Version 2003 is buggy, with lots of limitations, and with all the MS B/S. Does not support Trash folders. Can only COPY, not move sent messages to Sent folder. Cannot start with IMAP Inbox. Does not re-sync with read messages. Gives popup error messages and conflicts with other IMAP clients (any IMAP Treo client) when they are checking email, which is several times per hour. Sends out a load of .dat files (how to turn this crap off??) Bad handling of spam.

Eudora - Best email for POP, IMHO, but not necessarily IMAP. Does not show IMAP flags. Replied messages are first marked "Replied" and then get unmarked. Slower. Crashes on exit. Limited support of other languages.

Outlook Express - ??
    Mozilla Thunderbird - ??
    Entourage - ??
    Mulberry - ??
    Other - ??

Do not forget to vote in the poll! Thanks.
    Last edited by whothehelltook; 02/25/2007 at 03:31 PM.
    Thunderbird sucks the least.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Thunderbird sucks the least.

Marc
    Thanks, Marc! I was thinking about creating an option in the poll to say "They all suck", but I am glad I did not. I have to use one of these email programs afterall. I guess it is worth a try.

It's just amazing, are we the only few in the whole world who are using IMAP and are not willing to put up with all the bugs in most of these programs?

And this Thunderbird is tiny too, and free(??). I am already liking it.

OMG, this little Bird is now crunching on my old Eudora POP email, importing all the 11 years of it. I did not think it was going to do it. Hope it doesn't choke!
  4.    #4  
    Just wanted to post an update. Thunderbird really met my hopes. It is at least as good as any IMAP email that I tried. The bugs are unnoticeable and the annoyances are very minimal and easy to get used to. It does everything email is supposed to do, plus some more, and I am not thinking about going back to POP or switching email clients anymore.
    TreoCentral.com > Palm OS Software > Palm OS Communication