1.    #1  
    I hope someone can give me some insight on these two palm desktop problems I am experienceing:

1. The find feature will not work. I type something in the find dialog box and the program just sits there. When I check on the bottom of the screen it shows the word "loading" and the blue bar appears to stop 1/4 of the way, but nothing happens.

2. A large black "E" shows where the icons for notepad, media and voice record should be on the left-side of the desktop windows were the icons for tasklist, calendar, cnotacts,etc is displayed. When I click on either of the "E" characters my computer freezes.

I have deleted and reinstalled the palm desktop 4.1.4 but this did not fix the problems. I assume that there is some registry entry that is left over. Someone please help me. Thanks
    What device are you using? Is this the correct Desktop for your device? If you suspect a registry entry, you can always check, once you've uninstalled, for Palm related entries in the two software sections in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    I am using the treo 650 and downloaded the software from Palms web page for the windows desktop version, so it's the correct version for my treo. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this problem and what did they do to correct it?
    I heard the download from the Palm web site is not a "full" version . . . . and may not have the conduits you are missing. . . .

There is a thread that lists where you can get a "full" download. . . .my search function is returning blank pages at the moment so I cannot provide the link myself. . . . search for 650 CD or 650 CD DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/25/2007 at 01:44 PM.

That be the thread.

Thank-You