Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by JHromadka

Palm and Handspring have tried not to step on 3rd parties' toes by adding in a bunch of features that could be found with addons.
    When a $250+ device claims to include "everything you need to get organized" (Vdx box), many people (thinking mostly of my dad ) might be surprised to find that Datebook/+ doesn't allow appointments to span past midnight, Expense doesn't total up your expenses, the infamous clock doesn't adjust for DST, etc.

I guess my point is that they should either include "good" apps, or no apps at all. But I know that's difficult and very subjective, because the included apps ARE fine for many people and no single app will be perfect for everyone.

I and many VC folks enjoy downloading and trying out new stuff, but there are probably many more people out there who buy Visors and Palms expecting out-of-the-box personal organizing goodness heaven--those are the people who would balk at having to invest additional money in replacements for the built-in software.

Personally I don't think $30-$40 is too much for Palm software, but I can see how many consumers might not want to fork over extra cash for applications they thought were already included with the PDA itself.
    Last edited by dalamar70; 04/08/2001 at 03:20 AM.
    We are actually pretty flexible on the licenses. If you wanted another serial number for your other device, you only need ask ;-)

Alexander Hinds
    Blue Nomad, LLC
    Thanks Alexander! It's always great to see companies participate in these forums. That alone makes me prefer your product over someone else's.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    ahinds replied:
    We are actually pretty flexible on the licenses. If you wanted another serial number for your other device, you only need ask ;-)
    That is very good business. I sent an email to you folks and never got a reply on this, so I bought the other app.
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    Palm and Handspring have tried not to step on 3rd parties' toes by adding in a bunch of features that could be found with addons.
    With M500/M505 Palm will begin bundling PowerOne's calculator, DocumentsToGo, and MGI Photosuite.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12