1.    #1  
    Is this the full version of TextPlus or is it stripped down for DTG?

Specifically, does it work with SMS, Snapper, Memo, etc.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It appears to be the full version. I've used both TP and D2G for years. Ironically TP only now works with D2G (with a few minor bugs). It did not work at all with any version prior to v9. TP is a definite must have that works with most other apps (e.g. memo, sms, Blazer,etc).

It is interesting that Dataviz is giving away an app that didn't previously work with DTG and still does not work flawlessly. All things considered, the two together are workable.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    It appears to be the full version. I've used both TP and D2G for years. Ironically TP only now works with D2G (with a few minor bugs). It did not work at all with any version prior to v9. TP is a definite must have that works with most other apps (e.g. memo, sms, Blazer,etc).

It is interesting that Dataviz is giving away an app that didn't previously work with DTG and still does not work flawlessly. All things considered, the two together are workable.
    pdxtreo,

Just so I'm clear about what you said. You are using the TextPulus version that came free with D2G9 upgrade and this free version works with SMS, Memo, etc? Right.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Affirmative. That is, I was already using TP, the same version that Dataviz is handing out. I didn't actually install the the freebie.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I got Passwords Plus this way (in the past, with purchase of DTG 9). It was a full version.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I queried DTG on this a month ago -- the TextPlus version that comes with DTG V9 only works w/ V9 -- the version that works with all programs on the Treo is $19.95

When I decide to upgrade to V9 -- I am going to try some negotiating to get the full version . . . . .
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I queried DTG on this a month ago -- the TextPlus version that comes with DTG V9 only works w/ V9 -- the version that works with all programs on the Treo is $19.95

When I decide to upgrade to V9 -- I am going to try some negotiating to get the full version . . . . .
    Ok Perry, now that makes sense. When I attempted to buy the upgrade the description said "TextPlus for Documents to Go". This is why I was sucspicious. And it indicated the savings was $9 plus. But the full version (on data Viz's web site is $19 plus.)

I don't understand why they can just disclose that.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Affirmative. That is, I was already using TP, the same version that Dataviz is handing out. I didn't actually install the the freebie.
    pdxtreo,
    So it appears you are benefiting from your original TP purchase which works with all Treo apps. (See Perry's post above.)

And Tks for repsonding.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I hope that's not the case, as I would agree that a limited TP would be disingenuous without full disclosure. I'll load my freebie version on Monday to confirm.

As posted above, Dataviz gave me a fully functional password plus as part of the v8 upgrade. It wouldn't be much of a seling point as a crippled program.

TP is worth every penny at $20.
  10.    #10  
    I bought the full version of TextPlus from PalmGear.
    It works great in all apps and is exactly what I was looking for.
    I'm a terrible speller and this will make me appear a bit more literate.
    Tks to all
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I upgraded before the TP offer and iambic gave it to me after the fact. The TP version only works with DTG. If you want it to work on other apps you have upgrade to an unlimited version of TP, but I believe this cost me about $12.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    This is at the bottom of the ReadMe that comes with TP:
    UPGRADE

TextPlus™ for DataViz® is a customized version of TextPlus™ that works
    with the following DataViz® Documents To Go® applications*:

Documents To Go Main Appliction
    PDF To Go
    Pics To Go
    Sheet To Go
    Slideshow To Go
    Word To Go

In TextPlus™ for DataViz® the TextPlus™ Anywhere feature is not
    supported in applications other than the ones listed above. You can
    upgrade to the full version of TextPlus at our web site at:

http://www.smartcell.com/Web/pc-59-8...m-dataviz.aspx
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry