1.    #1  
    installing it perfect the first time?

I notice that it has no wings or anything to hold on to once you peel the back off and want to make sure I put it on perfect the first time.

Any good tips?

Thanks..
    There's no such thing as perfect, IMO. I've never gotten one on completely perfect. But maybe I just suck at putting them on. As for tips, use a can of compressed air or install in a steamy bathroom to control dust. The worst thing ever is finding that one speck of dust later.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I 2nd the steamy bathroom as it helps keep dust out of the air. Also, roll a piece of tape in an "O" shape with the sticky side facing out. Put this on the top of the screen protector and put the tip of your finger through the hole. Use this to guide the protector as you put it in place.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I peel it halfway off the backing it comes on and line it up on the bottom of the screen. Then I use a credit card to SLOWLY press it on little by little, until it has peeled itself completely off the backing. No bubbles...perfect! I can't even tell I have one on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I peel it halfway off the backing it comes on and line it up on the bottom of the screen. Then I use a credit card to SLOWLY press it on little by little, until it has peeled itself completely off the backing. No bubbles...perfect! I can't even tell I have one on...
    That's the way I do it. I use one of those compressed gas dusters first though and also wipe any smudges, etc. with a micro-fiber cloth.
    Thanks for the advice guys. Just ordered a Martin Fields protector tonight. I have had them on all of my other higher-end regular mobile phones, and have always been 100% satisfied...although I do suck at putting them on.
    I've successfully put three of these on with no bubbles or dust.
    Here's what I had going on for me in all 3 cases:

1) Virgin Treo, never having removed that stock screen protector that palm puts on there. These were dust/lint free.
    2) Only removing that stock protector JUST before putting on the Martin Fields
    3) Used scotch tape on the topside of the MF screen protector to navigate it around
    4) Start from top to bottom (or bottom up), or side to side. Apply slowly to get any bubbles out.
    5) If you get a bubble, use tape to lift off the MF screen protector from that edge to the area of the bubble, then press it all the way out and smooth it out to the edge.

Maybe factors #1 & 2 had the most to do with a good application.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Just got my Martin Fields screen protector from Pride Communications...and on my phone tonight. I was concerned because it was listed as the one for the 680/750v on the website, but said 650/750 on the package. But, it fits my 680 perfectly. I've always been impressed with MF on my other phones.

I just wish my application skills were as "perfect" as the fit. Yeah...I pretty much suck at putting these things on. But...at least I'm protected now!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Just got my Martin Fields screen protector from Pride Communications...and on my phone tonight. I was concerned because it was listed as the one for the 680/750v on the website, but said 650/750 on the package. But, it fits my 680 perfectly. I've always been impressed with MF on my other phones.

I just wish my application skills were as "perfect" as the fit. Yeah...I pretty much suck at putting these things on. But...at least I'm protected now!!

How did it come out?

The first one I had a hard time getting the backer off but got it on pretty much perfect.

Tried to put one on my 750 and the thing flipped out of my hand and landed right on the floor (sticky side down) and was loaded with crap.

I washed it but there is still something stuck to the back that will not come out.

I'll just order another one and hope I don't screw up another $12.95 !! LOL.
    Regarding the washing - works OK as long as you hold by the edges, don't touch or squeeze the surface, and then dry with compressed air.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51