1.    #1  
    Wondering if anyone else with one of these batteries has experienced this too. Looking for feedback. I just got mine yesterday and fully charged it in my Treo 700wx. I knew it was fully charged as the green LED on the phone was lit as opposed to the red like when it is charging. I immediately checked the battery meter and to my surprise, it said 90%. I figured for sure it would say 100%. Anyone else experience this? Is there something I need to do to get the phone to measure the level of the battery correctly or could it be that I have a defective battery?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Mine will say 99% immediately after I take it off the charger. Other than that OUTSTANDING!!!
  3.    #3  
    OK, day two and as soon as I took it off the charger it says 97%, so maybe it just takes a couple of charge cycles to condition it when it's new.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacooperider View Post
    OK, day two and as soon as I took it off the charger it says 97%, so maybe it just takes a couple of charge cycles to condition it when it's new.
    Try performing a soft reset. This will recalibrate the phone's battery meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Try performing a soft reset. This will recalibrate the phone's battery meter.

I heard this needs to be done while the Treo's green light is on (full charge) and while it is still connected to the power cable . . . .

Yes?

No?
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/25/2007 at 01:37 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Makes logical sense to me...I'll try it and let you know...
  7.    #7  
    Interesting...I stuck it on the charger again until it was fully charged and checked the battery level again both still plugged in and immediately after it was unplugged and it now reads 100%. Must just need a few charge cycles before the level ready correctly.
    Sounds like everyones battery is doing better than mine. I put the battery in the phone and the darn thing dies. I plug the phone into the charger and it says 99% then I unplug it and drops to 0% and dies. Got the battery two days ago and I did let it charge for 12 hours then unplugged it and it dropped to 0% and died. This is the first and last time I do business with Seidio.
  10.    #10  
    Sounds like you may have just gotten a bad battery. honestly this battery is awesome. I'm constantly on my phone, checking email, browsing the web, playing games, etc, and after a 12 hour day yesterday I still had 60% battery power.
    Mine never read above 99%. There's something quircky about the wall charger. It's almost as if once the battery gets charged completely it overflows. Kinda like filling a bucket with water, once you get it full if you don't cut off the water it empties just a bit.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dacooperider View Post
    Interesting...I stuck it on the charger again until it was fully charged and checked the battery level again both still plugged in and immediately after it was unplugged and it now reads 100%. Must just need a few charge cycles before the level ready correctly.
    yours reads 100% after a reset. Mine only reads 99%..........which is no problem for me though. Congrats
  13.    #13  
    Actually, I saw 100% for only a split second, then 99%, so I'm pretty sure that's as close as we are gonna get.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbarron View Post
    Sounds like everyones battery is doing better than mine. I put the battery in the phone and the darn thing dies. I plug the phone into the charger and it says 99% then I unplug it and drops to 0% and dies. Got the battery two days ago and I did let it charge for 12 hours then unplugged it and it dropped to 0% and died. This is the first and last time I do business with Seidio.
    It does sound like you received a defective battery. Please contact customer service for a replacement.

Thanks
    seidio my battery seems to last just as long as my stock? Any suggestions?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life