1.    #1  
    I just downloaded and installed the new Sleek Blue (Enhanced) skin for pTunes 4, and it's visually a great improvement, with 3 screens, one that focuses on album art, one that lets you skip around a song's timeline, and one that shows your current playlist.

However, the 5-way nav support, seems to no longer have the same functionality.

Previously, when a song was playing, the 5-way seemed to function much like an iPod, with left and right skipping (or shuffling) songs back and forth, and up and down raising or lowering volume. But when a song wasn't playing, it would go back to working like a Treo, letting you switch UI elements to toggle things like shuffle, repeat, or browse songs in your playlist.

With the new skin, however, it *only* seems to work for skipping or volume. No more UI navigation.

I keep my Treo in an armor case, so having to flip it open to pick songs or toggle modes is a major usability hit.

Is this just a problem I'm having? Is anyone still getting proper 5-way UI navigation?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I'm running 3.09 on a 680 downloaded the free skins and loaded the metal version my 5 way still works the same, try a different skin?
    Hint: PTunes 4.x vs 3.x

They made PTunes 4.x where the 5-way moves around the GUI sometimes.. Although I think that while it's actually playing it behaves the way it should where the 5-way controls the volume and skips tracks.
  4.    #4  
    The 5-way works to navigate in the default pTune 4 skin, Sleek Blue, just not (for me at least) in the new skin they just released, Sleek Blue (Enhanced).

I really like the new skin, with it's 3 screens, I'm just not able to navigate them with the 5-way, and trying to find out if anyone else has the same problem.

Here's the skin:

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/index.php?id=129
    Cool skin but the same problem on my 680.
    Aah, I didn't know this was a new skin. I might try it, but I tend to use the Winamp one.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    looks like they've added some functionality to the "powerful jump bar" instead. So, maybe even with your case you can still use your thumb on the screen instead of the 5-way nav in certain screens?
  8.    #8  
    I can -- by opening the hardcase -- which is what the 5-way is supposed to enable me not to have to do

I'm hoping someone at 3GX or NormSoft can update the skin, because the design and concept are outstanding. Proper 5-way nav support when music isn't playing would make it nigh perfect.

(i.e., when music isn't playing, I should be able to use the 5 way to navigate around the screen, toggle repeat and shuffle, move up and down the jump bar, scroll through and select songs from the play list, etc.)
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Littledragon. I just sent it in to NormSoft via their support contact. If they can update Sleek Blue (Enhanced) with 5-way UI navigation, it will be awesome.
  10.    #10  
    NormSoft got back to me and said it was a deliberate design decision but that they may (hopefully soon?!) be releasing a version which restores 5-way nav support.