1.    #1  
    In relation to Kinoma..I have seen I need to do a soft reset. I checked the FAQ and there is a link for it, but the description is only for Hard Reset. Thanks
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhook View Post
    In relation to Kinoma..I have seen I need to do a soft reset. I checked the FAQ and there is a link for it, but the description is only for Hard Reset. Thanks
    I soft reset essentially "reboots" the device.

If you have a 700P, take the battery cover off of the back and look for a little hole along the edge where the cover was. Insert your stylus into the hole and it will trigger a soft reset. You should see the orange Palm logo followed by some activity as it "boots up." You'll probably need to recalibrate your touch screen again after the soft reset. Go to "Preferences>Touchscreen" and tap the targets.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhook View Post
    Do you have an owner's manual?
    This article describes all types of resets:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...,Case=obj(887)
    Last edited by aprasad; 02/24/2007 at 03:42 PM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    Do you have an owner's manual?
    What is a Owner's Manual, and why/how would I use one?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What is a Owner's Manual, and why/how would I use one?
    It is a series of sheets of paper binded together on one edge. It came in the box with your treo and is commonly mistaken for packing material. It is best used if you have a wobbly table. Giggle the wobbly table until only one leg is not in contact with the floor and insert the manual between that leg and the floor. If the manual does not color coordniate with your floor, paint the floor in matching colors.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    My link is having the same problem. I'm currently trying to find a URL that works for you.

OK, try this one (thanks Google):
    http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=887
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/24/2007 at 01:34 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!