1.    #1  
    I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I have a Treo 700p and downloaded Ringo Pro. After I installed it, I realized that I don't have mp3s, I have AACs. I've read that the 700p can play .m4a files natively without the use of a ringtone manger, but when I tried it, the file skipped a bit. While I don't mind using a manager, I would like to know what everyone else is doing with this.

Should I just convert them to mp3s and move them over or mess with trimming down the .m4as and using them like that. What bites the most is for some reason, my printer's not reading the SD card, so I can't add the files on there as mp3s. Nevermind, I'll send them to my MacBook, but, either way, if I just had a Mac, what would be my best solution??
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Changing AAC to mp3 is really simple. If you are just setting ringtones I'd just convert the files. It would take less time than it took to write the post.
  3.    #3  
    Just doing it in iTunes? I wanted to keep them all AAC, but, I guess if I do do this, I can change them. Well, I'll drag them to the desktop, and then reimport them as MP3s.

One thing though, whenever I've done that in the past, it never changes the file time. Well, I think that's when I right-click>convert to MP3 or whatever it's called. I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    You're talking about "convert selection to mp3."

Just curious, but why would you want the file name to change?
  5.    #5  
    I wanted to change the file name so I can tell them apart from my AAC files, when they're in iTunes. Then I can put them all into a playlist and sync them with my Treo. Seems like a lot of trouble, I don't know why Ringo can't play AAC files. I emailed them and have yet to hear a response.