1.    #1  
    I have had my 650 for almost two years now. It has worked great with Goodlink until a couple weeks ago where I now get a fatal error when I try to launch Goodlink:

e:\build\margaroc_rtm\win32\release\build_48\gx\system\srg\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:255GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp @ 622

I've done the hard resets, taken off all my third party software except Good, the phone will work for a while without problem, then this error starts all over again.

I've search through the forums and found where it may be a ROM issue, but that was quite a while back for those posts. The solution seemed to be to get a new 680 or 750. Is that the only real solution?

Thanks
    briley
    Does it operate for an extended period after a hard reset and nothing installed? That is the starting point. Ben
  3.    #3  
    I have not run it for an extended period without the Good software being reinstalled. I do the hard reset, make sure the phone works, then do the OTA thing for Good. One new pattern today, I tried 2 times to launch Good while in a meeting, was so frustrated with the device, I slammed it firmly on the conf table. I soft reset the device and wow, good came up no problems.

Since then Good locked up again after rebooting the device, I tried soft reset, no luck. Gently slammed the device on my desk, then did a soft reset, Good launched.

I know this may seem odd, but I can't keep slamming my 2 year old Treo on conf tables in meetings to be able to read mail...
    If you have insurance, that slamming fix may be just the trick. Jokes aside, as bclinger says, you need to run without any extra software - if it does not happen then you know Good is the culprit. if so you may have to work with Good support.