my company decided to go with BES because of a few reasons that hey were told and i wanna make sur that these are correct because i dont wanna loose my nokia:

BES is one software app that pushs email and allows intranet browsing and full deviec security.

GMM is only for mail and syncing and if we want to browse the intranet we need to buy another application? and if we want full device control we need the good mobile defense?

can someone tell me if this is the case? dont i just need to buy GMM and it can do all that BES can?

thanks
    In theory GMM can do all of the things you mentioned. However I would thoroughly read through these Goodlink threads before you decide to spend the money on this or any other product.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    my company decided to go with BES because of a few reasons that hey were told and i wanna make sur that these are correct because i dont wanna loose my nokia:

BES is one software app that pushs email and allows intranet browsing and full deviec security.

GMM is only for mail and syncing and if we want to browse the intranet we need to buy another application? and if we want full device control we need the good mobile defense?

can someone tell me if this is the case? dont i just need to buy GMM and it can do all that BES can?

thanks

Yes, that is correct.

You have to purchase GMM, GMI, and GMD for the similar functionality with BES. Now remember, going BES restricts you (mostly) with Blackberry devices. Blackberry Connect is supposed to allow non Blackberry devices to connect to BES servers for Blackberry like functionality, but I'm not sure how well that works.

As a user of GMM and GMD, (and having tested GMI), there are pro's cons to everything. We decided it was worth having the ability to have a vendor agnostic solution. Believe you me, I liked having to only manage BES over 2 different software solutions, however I'm pretty happy with our goodlink install and so are our users.

As with every enterprise solutions, there are some issues that GMM/GMD suffers. But most in all, it works as advertised.