Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    had the number of resets that I have had in the last 96 hours with ChatterMail installed on my TREO. My phone reset, seriously, less then 3 times in the 6+ months that I have owned it. During this time that I had Chatter installed, check my corporate email (push) it resets all the time. Am I doing something wrong is the program just that buggy?
    On rare occasion another program conflicts with Chatter and I've had to reinstall one or the other. Zlauncher seems to be a good one for that.

In general, I would consider Chatter one of the most stable and overall most valued programs on my Treo.
    I've never, either.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Well which programs do you think, out of the ones I have installed, could be causing the problem.

Filez
    Astraware Bejeweled 2
    RSudoku
    Astraware TextTwist
    CardReader
    PDANet
    MovianVPN
    VolumeCare
    Linkstart (All programs except for Volumecare, PDANet, and Movian operate off of a Ultra II SD card)

Besides those programs my Treo is STOCK. When I have chatter installed I can't even talk on the phone via bluetooth without it resetting, or let alone try to change from the phone app to Memos while on the phone. Which of these programs could be deleted to help me with my problems?
    I'd start with the three in main memory:
    Volumecare, PDANet, and Movian

Not sure what Linkstart is, I'd try reinstalling that next.

After that, it's anyone's guess.

good luck,

Do you have a backup from before the resets stared happening?
    (If not, look into a program like Resco as your next purchase.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I'm in the same boat. I had a bajillion problems when I had Chatter. Deleted it- problems gone.

guess it works great for some people but not for others.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Sorry to say, but I've never..........
    I've been using Chatter for 3 or 4 weeks now... And although I really dig it's functionality, my Treo has become much more crash prone since I installed it. Generally resetting once a day. Does it thrash the DB cache? I'm finding that if I open the browser (to view a HTML mail) I get a long white screen and then a crash (on a semi regular basis). Log shows "fatal exception" in Web. I also noticed that I have to shut down Chatter first if I want to make a successful backup.

As annoying as this is, I've learned to deal with it. It doesn't **** me off as much as the bluetooth problems...
    I would guess Volumecare, but I don't really have anything to base it on. Chattermail definately "works" the networking on the Treo more than w/o. that's obviously the basis/appeal of "push" email.

I wonder if some email accounts (Yahoo vs gmail,etc influence why some people are successful vs others. I have 2 different Exchange emails, 3 imap and a pop account run by Chatter. Every 2-4 weeks "something gets corrupted and I reinstall the "problem" program. I attribute it more to Palm instability than most of the programs. I have kept my 700 more bare than I did the 650 for that reason...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    after i read about the security issue with the find function i decided to see what this was all about. i never used this function before and used the 'my treo' application to read about it.
    i entered several key words that i thought would reveal information i might not want in the wrong hands.
    i discovered some emails i had sent almost a year ago in the message folder. when i went to delete one in particular my treo would go into reset mode each time.
    i went into launcherx to remove the 'email' folder but could not find it. i needed to go into the original application page and remove it from there. i had versamail installed and thought i removed all of the program a long time ago along with wireless sync (verizon), but 'email' obviously remained. email might have been conflicting with chatter, or the one email on the treo might have been corrupting chatter or the treo.
    the reason i bring this up is because i too have had innumerable resets when using chatter, support from chatter has been excellent( although i am worried and a bit curious as to why marc has jumped over to palm-maybe something good is coming soon ??????). the error messages have been fatal exception also. my conclusion to all this is ( and here i may be prematurely hopeful) that since chatter is such a system hog, the remnant email folder with a possible corrupt file may have been too much for the "little train that could", ie my treo, to handle at once and therefore resulted in the resets/ crash. in addition, maybe launcherx does not always have all the programs listed (or maybe they were hidden someplace else) or maybe i did not remove all of versamail via launcher.
    just some thoughts for you to try on your treo.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Well I hope that it isn't Volumecare, because I find that program much more important than email. The only reason that I used Chatter, is because Versamail's SSL support is very lacking and my company requires SSL in order to activesync to our exchange servers. Blah hopefully they will fix that with the forthcoming ROM update.
    VolumeCare does not cause resets. I have that with a bunch of other apps with no problems. I would probably say that either Movian, RSudoku, or Linkstart.
    You installed chattermail and now you have resets like most of us have experienced. Since I deleted chattermail I have not had any resets at all. People will defend chattermail to its grave but the fact is that it is not stable on the 700p. It works great on the 650 but it just does not play nice with the EVDO radio in the 700p.

My .02,
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I used Chatter for years, but recently it started eating my emails. They would just disappear. I reluctantly went back to versamail, and all is well. I'm starting to think (like rc46 said) that it wasn't completely stable on the 700p. Like I said, I've used Chatter for years.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I don't know, personally, Chatter has been rock solid for me on both the 600 and 700p. I'm only using imap, not any sort of exchange syncing, could that maybe be the issue for you?

(I'm not trying to convince you to keep using it, because if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work... I'm just curious about the problem.)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yes I am trying to sync to my companies exchange server.

BTW I deleted it yesterday and so far not one reset or crash. Then I went to reinstall it with linkstart (which is a program to start apps off of the card) gone. So since the others aren't installed in RAM I didn't have to uninstall them. I then reinstalled Chatter, I start putting in the setup information and I get a call; I'll be damned the darn thing resets? So I remove it and it works like a charm again no resets since yesterday. I think I'll have to wait for Versamail to get fixed or another email client that works better.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    ... I then reinstalled Chatter, I start putting in the setup information and I get a call; I'll be damned the darn thing resets? So I remove it and it works like a charm again no resets since yesterday. ...
    OK, the next step (if your're wiling to do it) is to reinstall all your apps from scratch. If you've kept the registation emails for all your apps, this should be failrly easy/straightforward. It is 100% likely to solve the ChatterEmail reset problem. If you don't want to do this (or you don't have/want_to_spend_the_time_emailing_developers), then your best recourse is just to deep six ChatterEmail.

I've been in the exact situation as you, so I know what you are going through.
    [Chater works like a charm after the total reinstall.]

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    OK, the next step (if your're wiling to do it) is to reinstall all your apps from scratch. If you've kept the registation emails for all your apps, this should be failrly easy/straightforward. It is 100% likely to solve the ChatterEmail reset problem. If you don't want to do this (or you don't have/want_to_spend_the_time_emailing_developers), then your best recourse is just to deep six ChatterEmail.

I've been in the exact situation as you, so I know what you are going through.
    [Chater works like a charm after the total reinstall.]

--
    Bob
    I've run into similar problems. I've done a hard reset and reinstalled from scratch. It seems to help for a day or two but over time it seems like instability increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Then I went to reinstall it with linkstart (which is a program to start apps off of the card) gone. So since the others aren't installed in RAM I didn't have to uninstall them.
    have you tried running it without linkstart? are all chatteremail files in RAM? make sure that they are. have not had any probs w/ it using exchange on 700p.

sideman7 - if cache is getting full, blazer flushes the cache on start (thus the delay), but if there is an active prog in memory which should be locked, but is not, then the device will soft-reset secondary to the flush. e.g. I was having this problem until I locked (using Resco Lock) KB LightsOff.
    I think your prefs could still be screwed up, even if you've got suspect apps on the card rather than RAM. Even though the app itself resides on the card, the prefs for it may reside in RAM (saved/unsaved prefs files).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast