Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    After installing and using PetitLaunch and Accessorizer none of my java apps work anymore. Specifically, HourlyXcast, TV2Nite and RottenTomatoMeter.

Anyone else have this problem?
  2.    #22  
    I wouldn't think they'd have anything in common...

You try soft resetting? Perhaps you're out of heap space, as I mentioned in an earlier post.
    yep, i've perfomed a reset. i'll try reinstalling the apps then java if that doesn't work. i'll post the results.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    You gotta be sneaky.

Make a new tab, make it contain DA's. I forget the exact config here, and my 680 has been off the charger since 7am so it's hibernating right now...

Make sure there's a spot in the QLA or you'll overwrite one, and tap on one of the DAs in the tab view and select 'Add to QL'.

Be nice if there was a more direct way to do it!
    I created a new tab but, I cant seem to get DAs to show up in it. I went to prefs, and selected show hidden items but still no DAs
    ended up having to delete all java files with filez and reinstall java. to correct the problem.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    ended up having to delete all java files with filez and reinstall java. to correct the problem.
    Weird.. You use those every day? IE: You're sure it happened when you installed Accessorizer and made DAs? Odd stuff.

Migs, I'll type out a step by step when I get to work.
    Yep, I use HourlyXcast every morning before I go to work. The problem may have been that I had created a DA's for all of my java apps. I think I started experiencing the problems after I tried to launch the HourlyXcastDA.

Once I get a few free minutes today I'll try to reproduce the problem. Then we'll know for sure.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yep, I use HourlyXcast every morning before I go to work. The problem may have been that I had created a DA's for all of my java apps. I think I started experiencing the problems after I tried to launch the HourlyXcastDA.

Once I get a few free minutes today I'll try to reproduce the problem. Then we'll know for sure.
    Hmmmm, perhaps launching the DA'ed Java app farked it up within the Java environment. I don't have any Java junk, so..
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I created a new tab but, I cant seem to get DAs to show up in it. I went to prefs, and selected show hidden items but still no DAs
    Create a DA tab:
    Menu
    New Tab
    Preset: DA
    Click OK

Add a DA to QLA:
    Make sure there's one open spot in your QLA (prefs, QuickLaunch, Edit)
    Go to your new DA tab
    Tap-and-Hold on the DA you want in your QLA
    Select "Add to QL"
    Ive installed Accessorizer, and Petitlauncher, and even installed MetaDA. I figured out how to create the DA's, and how to launch them via the
    Apps. My dumb question is how do you get back to the original App once you launch the DA.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    home button
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Create a DA tab:
    Menu
    New Tab
    Preset: DA
    Click OK

Add a DA to QLA:
    Make sure there's one open spot in your QLA (prefs, QuickLaunch, Edit)
    Go to your new DA tab
    Tap-and-Hold on the DA you want in your QLA
    Select "Add to QL"

Thanks so much for the step by step. I didnt relize that I need to change the Preset.
    Well...

That seems to be the problem. If you make a DA from an app that has a 'exit' selection, you can close the DA'd app by selecting exit from the apps menu and will be returned the underlying open app.

Not every application has a 'exit' selection in the apps menu. Unless I am overlooking something.....

Post # 31 describes the answer. Hit the home key.

Thanks,
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Well....

Hitting the Home button opens Initiate which is set to the Home button.

If I am in Blazer, and open the calculator which has been DA'd, from Petite Launcher/MetaDA and hit the Home button to close the calculator, Initiate launches.

It seems to me that it should go back to Blazer if I close the calculator.

I have been playing with this since hoovs first post on a Sprint 700p....

I dunno, it seems like a waste of time to create DA's. The DA's are smaller size wise, but other than that...

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Well....

Hitting the Home button opens Initiate which is set to the Home button.

If I am in Blazer, and open the calculator which has been DA'd, from Petite Launcher/MetaDA and hit the Home button to close the calculator, Initiate launches.

It seems to me that it should go back to Blazer if I close the calculator.

I have been playing with this since hoovs first post on a Sprint 700p....

I dunno, it seems like a waste of time to create DA's. The DA's are smaller size wise, but other than that...

That's an issue/configuration with Initiate. If you *force* the key to be Initiate, then it'll launch Initiate regardless of what it's doing. I had the same problem when I was using LudusP to force ZLauncher to be the Home key. Now that ZLauncher fixed their "Default Launcher" issue, I leave the Home key functionality as default and it works as expected. When I hit Exit on some Apps, it returns to ZLauncher. Hitting Home cycles through tabs, etc.

And most importantly to this thread, hitting Home returns to the app from which I was last using when I start an Accessorized DA. As you said, if you're using Blazer and launch the CalcDA, hit Home, it returns to Blazer.

I don't know if it's an Initiate bug, or you have something configured in a way which isn't correct.

BTW, the DA's aren't "smaller", they are just wrappers. They contain the information to call Accessorizer and the REAL App in a way so they behave the way they do. They are not standalone. They require the original app and Accessorizer. I suspect that you cannot make a DA out of something on the SD card (although if it's a ZLauncher shortcut that is in ram, it works fine as the shortcut is in ram).
    Erokay.... I don't see why launching a DA would do anything with Saved Preferences. I suppose you can try deleting any Accessorizer-related prefs and trying it again.
    OK, the culprit is TealLock again! I should've guessed. As I mentioned earlier, even with 680 "unlocked", TealLock prevents dialing using the keyboard in phone application or from Treo Voice Dialing app. It also disables the Easy Dial and Easy Conference functionality of Phone Technician. The same is true with the easy dial option of TreoMemo and now with Accessorizer generated DAs. As much as I like some of the unique features of TealLock, it is too intrusive and I have now abandoned it and moved to another security program. You never know, everything is now working perfectly!
  18.    #38  
    Update from me.... I'm tired of the heap space trashing and crashing using DAs or returning from 'em, I think I'm done with it.. It was very nice, but it's just too unstable for me.

About 25% of the time I get a reset returning from an ADA, or the next time I launch an ADA.

Maybe I'll keep a few on hand, but not regularly use them. Oh well.
    Yea, I don't usually use mine either. It's just feels good to have the option there, in case.

I usually just use the calculators and contact searchs which are useful in Snapper or Blazer.

Honestly, I think ultimately for me, closing the current app to go to another app and then back again, is just as fast as finding a DA and then launching it.

Maybe if Palm OS was a little slower at doing things, I would be using DAs alot more.
  20.    #40  
    Using Hi-Launcher is very fast to launch 'em, so I was really hoping it'd work out, but it just doesn't. Perhaps I'll try to continue to use some smaller things, avoiding large programs like Blazer, etc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast