Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Me and my girlfriend both have a treo 700p, while roaming she can send and rec text, and access the web. I can't do either. I rec text but just get an error message when trying to send one and get a error when trying to connect to the web. We both have the same prl and software versions on our phones. Anybody know why this is?
    Who is your carrier? Both the same?
  3.    #3  
    yeah, both with sprint
    Might be the plan?
  5.    #5  
    we are both on the same account, sharing mins. and same data and text plan.
    Well, I wouldn't go up to the front of the class and ask the teacher why she got an "A" on the test and you got a "B" for the very same answers . . . . the teacher might lower her grade to a "B".

One thought is to go page by page thru the phone preferences options and see it all the checked boxes are the same on both phones. Is yours set to "not" allow certain roaming?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have Sprint and I have been places where I have been roaming and if I try and collect my mail it prompts me that I am not on the network and roaming data charges may apply so I have not done it. Have you been charged for those roaming data charges?
    where are you roaming? i know that when I went to India on business, I had to activate International capabilities. Mine is Verizon, so not sure if this would apply to Sprint.
  9.    #9  
    we are in iowa, i was reading on another site and they said you could find out what roam network you are on by calling your own number without an area code and the recorded message would say what network your roaming on. Hers says Us Cellular but mine says midwest wireless. the only settings that i can find that are different are in phone info, the SID and Channel are different. Does that matter or is if different for every phone?
  10.    #10  
    We are visiting her family and her younger bother and sister both have treo 605's. They cant get on the web but they had text ability. They both recently had to have their phones replaced due to damage and now neither of their phones can text. This makes me think there has to be a setting in the phone somewhere that makes it pick up the Us cellular or Midwest wireless network. I checked and they are also on the Midwest wireless network. Anybody have any idea how to get them to pick up the Us Cellular network instead, since I'm pretty sure this is what is causing the problem.
    Last edited by tjp201; 02/24/2007 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Did you call Sprint? They have a 24/7 staffed 800 number and they might know the answer.
    I'm looking forward to an answer, too. Have yet to see "data roaming" work on Sprint (but I'm rarely in a roaming area to test it).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I'm looking forward to an answer, too. Have yet to see "data roaming" work on Sprint (but I'm rarely in a roaming area to test it).
    I've successfully had data roaming on my Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I've successfully had data roaming on my Sprint 700p
    I'm curious - in what area was this successful? Any idea what network you were roaming on?

I'd imagine it probably depends on which carriers Sprint has data roaming agreements with. Probably varies from those it has voice roaming agreements with.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I have also had successfull data roaming and I live in the outer suburbs of Detroit. I think Sprint has data roaming agreements with Verizon. Verizon has the best network out here...I drop calls and roam in my house in certain areas of the house...its sad. I get good coverage everywhere except the square mile area where I live...I still love Sprint though.
    Last edited by KStewart; 02/24/2007 at 05:29 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I'm curious - in what area was this successful? Any idea what network you were roaming on?

I'd imagine it probably depends on which carriers Sprint has data roaming agreements with. Probably varies from those it has voice roaming agreements with.
    In Chicago on the el. Carrier is US Cellular I think.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Data roaming is Free with the Fair and Flexible plan, although Sprint has the tendency to screw up my bill every month. Then i call retention and ***** and I get $ credit for my time wasted, etc. Anyway, if you have Fair and Flexible, you will most likely roam on Verizon (at least here in the SF Bay Area) and most of the time it is 1x XRT not EVDO, but it is free with an unltd data plan from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugley View Post
    I have Sprint and I have been places where I have been roaming and if I try and collect my mail it prompts me that I am not on the network and roaming data charges may apply so I have not done it. Have you been charged for those roaming data charges?
    I forget where the setting is, but there is a box to check to remove this warning. If you have a plan with free roaming, data roaming is also free. If you don't have free roaming, who knows what they would charge you... When I first testing out data roaming it didn't work at all, but since PRL 20225, it works fairly regularly, although so far, only at the slower speed (but it does work).
    sounds like a PRL update issue...

Make sure you are at the same update- under phone menu.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I asked Sprint to flash my Treo 700p to the latest PRL rev. After the flash, my phone was upgraded to rev 20225. I can now roam data (and voice) on the VZW network.

Cool!

Alan G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast