1.    #1  
    I understand this is the one that will allow you to play internet videos, streaming audio, movies, flash and all sorts of other vid's.

I like to watch streaming TV online and was hoping this was the most versatile application and would allow me to watch and listen to lots of different media types.

Is there anything comparable for free? I'll pay if it's worth it...not a problem.

Before i bought I wanted to see if there was anythign better out there?

Lastly, should I just purchase through the "Software" link above? Does it just send it to my phone?

THANKS!@
    I don't think there's anything that allows you to stream for free. If you buy Kinoma make sure you get the upgrade price and don't pay full price.
  3.    #3  
    okay...it sounds like kinoma is the way to go.

i know tcpmp is free, that's what i was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    ... If you buy Kinoma make sure you get the upgrade price and don't pay full price.
    Follow this link to see what he means:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...php?t=136380#2
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Follow this link to see what he means:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...php?t=136380#2
    I used the information in that link to get the $14.99 upgrade price for my 680 today. Unfortunately, the streaming features aren't a good match for Cingular's EDGE speeds. There is also a crashing problem which occurs with version 4.1.1 when there is a failure to connect with a stream. This behavior has been acknowledged as an issue on the Kinoma website forum. They have promised a fix. I hope the fix comes out soon. Right now, I'm not too happy about having spent the $ even though it was a significantly discounted price. This is what happens when there isn't a trial version available.
  6.    #6  
    I'm still lost. I don't have any idea what I'm doing. I'd LOVE to be able to watch some streaming tv, video's online but despite doing as much reading as I could (i'm just tech challenged like that), I can't figure out what to do to get Kinoma on my phone and figure out how to use it. Someone told me it doesn't work with Blazer, so I don't know how I'd be able to watch these vid's then? Also, apparently I have to do a "soft reset" and can't figure out what that is.

*sigh*
    Here'w what you do:
    Presss the rightmost of the 4 buttons (the one below the power key).
    (Make sure the category at top of screen is "All" or "Multimedia".)
    Use the 5-way to select SprintTV.
    Press the center button on the 5-way.
    Select any show (and be ready because the upgrade screen is quick).
    (As you make selections, some menus are more than one level deep.
    You have to keep selecting until you get to the lowest level menu
    and a stream starts to play.)
    As soon as the "Kinoma Embedded 1.0" splash screen displays, notice
    the hyperlink below the box and click on it.

This takes you to a page in Blazer where the product is in your shopping
    cart for $14.99.
    Buy it.

Note: Maybe everyone does not know the following, but as a shortcut for
    getting to your favorite SprintTV channel, you can just type in the channel
    number instead of navigating down the menus. (My favorite channel is
    "54" which is "ABCNews Now" After I press 54, I'm immediately taken to
    the bottom level menu, and when I press this, the very next thing I see is
    the Kinoma Embedded 1.0 splash screen with the link to upgrade below it.

Good luck, I hope this gets you there!
    --
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhook View Post
    I'm still lost. I don't have any idea what I'm doing. I'd LOVE to be able to watch some streaming tv, video's online but despite doing as much reading as I could (i'm just tech challenged like that), I can't figure out what to do to get Kinoma on my phone and figure out how to use it. Someone told me it doesn't work with Blazer, so I don't know how I'd be able to watch these vid's then? Also, apparently I have to do a "soft reset" and can't figure out what that is.

*sigh*

Once you get Kinoma4 on your phone, there is a media guide with all kinds of audio and video content. Also, from Blazer, try the streaming links from websites. If it opens and plays in Kinoma, you are good to go. If it doesn't open in Kinoma, you probably won't be able to play it on the Treo. Also, if you don't have broadband, you will have a hard time playing smooth video or some audio streams. Also, go to the stories tab at the top of this page and go to the software section. You will see a good article about Kinoma.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you very much!

So once i buy it is straightforward and installs itself or explains how?

So then once it's installed, I can just go to a site, like Youtube, click a link to a video and it'll start playing? Simple as that?

I saw something about a soft-reset and I don't know what that is or how to do it.

THANK YOU AGAIN VERY MUCH!!!

I'm reading the ENTIRE 700P User Guide now. PDF...on page 245! LOL. Helpful though
    So then once it's installed, I can just go to a site, like Youtube, click a link to a video and it'll start playing? Simple as that?
    Try these two sites first:
    http://www.mgvids.com/
    http://www.mobetube.com/r

I think you already read this article (that someone mentioned a few posts ago):
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1086-1.htm

I think the above article is overhyped (about being the best program in like the last 10 years or so) but nevertheless it gives a lot of good/useful informtion.

Kinoma is convenient, but I still use Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3 also because PTunes plays in the background. PTunes came out with a version 4 which I trialed but I didn't like the new interface (and kinoma 4 gave me a better list of internet sources to browse in their Kinoma Media Guide) so I went back to PTunes3 deluxe before the trial ended.

So once i buy it is straightforward and installs itself or explains how?
    I think it was intuitive but I can't remember for sure.
    If you run into problems, feel free to ask (but I expect thei install will be painless.)

I saw something about a soft-reset and I don't know what that is or how to do it.
    It looks like the link in the other thread was bad. Try this one:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...1,Case=obj(887)
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post

It looks like the link in the other thread was bad. Try this one:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...1,Case=obj(887)
    My link is having the same problem. I'm currently trying to find a URL that works for you.

OK, try this one (thanks Google):
    http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=887
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/24/2007 at 01:33 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Bclancy...again, I can't thank you enough for your help. Sorry for being such a ragin' numbskull about this. Like I said, I'm about 10 years past being born with that tech gene, but give me a hammer and nails and I'll buildy the Taj Mahal..but frankly the microwave still confuses me!

LOL

You are the man, I don't care what the rest of these guys say about you.

J/K of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
    NP deadhook. I've been where you are. With a little help you'll move a long way, but without it you'll be overwhelmed (until you learn enough concepts so that you'll be able to see similar things and apply them differently on your own).

I work every day in software. I worked in construction since a kid with my father, so I know what you mean. In software, things change very quickly and it takes a lot of effort to keep up with new things.