1.    #1  
    I just got a treo 700p on ebay and it works great as a phone but i cannot get it to sync at all. i did not receive a CD with it.

i am on a macbook pro. tips or suggestions on how to get myself on the right track?

i downloaded the missing sync software but during syncronization is tells me that the connection was interupted... every time. no data is transferred at all.
    as you can imagine this is incredibly frustrating so any help is great.

i tried download the CD content from another thread on here but since the CD content is full of .exe installations - they don't work on the macbook.

thanks for ANY HELP AT ALL.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkhairedgirl View Post
    I just got a treo 700p on ebay and it works great as a phone but i cannot get it to sync at all. i did not receive a CD with it.

i am on a macbook pro. tips or suggestions on how to get myself on the right track?

i downloaded the missing sync software but during syncronization is tells me that the connection was interupted... every time. no data is transferred at all.
    Did you try more than once? Did you try restarting your computer?

I have a mac myself, and a old 650, but i used palms desktop application until i bought a 750.

You might find something usefull here:
    http://www.palm.com/us/macintosh/isync.html
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/macin...c_desktop.html

JonB
    You know, that's the thing about Macs...they just work!

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    You know, that's the thing about Macs...they just work!

:P
    You know, that's the thing, they do. In this case it's the Palm software that doesn't, and Palm is unwilling to really do anything about it.
    has anyone gotten the Palm software to work on a Macbook Pro?

up.

thanks
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    has anyone gotten the Palm software to work on a Macbook Pro?

up.

thanks

This is probably better placed in the MacOS forum, but yes, I've been successfully syncing my Treo with my MacBook Pro for many months now. I still need to upgrade and by Myssing Sync eventually, but all I need to sync now is my calendar which Palm Desktop does fine for me.
    Forensic Scientist

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Are you syncing to Apple software (Address Book, Calendar) or Outlook? With your first sync, set the conduits for computer overrides handheld on 1st sync and see if that helps.
    Ok, she says the connection was interrupted. Why hasn't anyone suggested trying a different cable or that maybe the Treo is damaged? Try that, hopefully you have insurance on it... just in case.
    All
    Glad to see this post. Am considering buying macbook or pro version. Have always had windows & reluctant to switch to mac because not sure of treo 700p will sync with Mac very well.

Can any mac users let me know:
    1 Is sync working well?
    2 What is missing sync & why is it needed?
    3 Is the Mac hotsync more/less or about the same relative to stability? (I think hot sync w/windows is sucky at best..usually craps out 1-2 times per year).

Any comments would be great as I have to upgrade my laptop soon....& not sure if I want Mac/Vista or go again with xp.
    I think you'll be very happy with the switch. If you don't like it, you can always install Windows on it. It will run better on Mac hardware anyway.

Now, for your questions...

1. Sync works great. I love being able to have my exact information on my MacBook and my Treo. I only had one problem where it erased all my data on my MacBook. I was able to restore it, and it was my fault, similar to what can happen using the Palm Desktop with Windows/Mac

2. MissingSync is a replacement to the Palm Desktop. It's designed for integration with Mac OS X and a handheld device. I first used Palm Desktop along with iSync, and, while it worked, I wasn't satisfied. I demoed MissingSync and loved it. I would suggest using that first, making sure it's going to work, then purchasing it before even messing with Palm Desktop and iSync, just to keep anything off that shouldn't be there.

3. Up until about a week ago, I haven't had any problems at all. Recently, MissingSync has been taking a while to start up and it was having a problem connecting. I think that may have more to do with some of the recent stuff I've installed and everything. I'm doing a sync right now and everything's going great.

As for going with Vista or XP, I can't help you there. I haven't tried Vista, but a friend of mine has it and said he's not impressed. I have read about some compatibility issues with Vista and Palm, but didn't read into it since I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. I'd go to an Apple store or CompUSA and play around with a MacBook. I think you'll love it.
    I own a MacBook Pro and have been syncing my 700p with Palm Desktop with no problems for the entire time I've had it, and had no problems syncing the 650 I had before that.

I haven't tried the Missing Sync yet and don't plan to until Palm Desktop stops working or until I switch away from Palm.

PD and Hotsync work fine thanks to Rosetta in MacOS X.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    Purchase missing sync.. Yet I had no trouble with palm desktop on my mac it was just pathetic and limited.. With missing sync its great I can sync photos, music, and my address book and calendar. Not to mention the GUI on missing sync is great.
    TNTreoUser: Regardless of which Mac you get, you can always use Parallels to run Windows and keep using your Windows Apps, until you find the Mac equivalent.

davidg4781: Windows does run faster on a Mac, doesn't it? :-) XP had the same problems that Vista has now with compatibility. Not a good idea to upgrade to it now, if you have only one computer. But Vista does have potential. Consider, no security bulletins for March. Not Bad.

neuronbob: So everything syncs into Palm Desktop? Thanks.
    Yeah, XP's great on a mac, from what I've used of it, under BootCamp. What happened when I installed it though, was that my antivirus wouldn't authorize, so I can't update my virus definitions unless I pay for it (it was the same software that was on my PC, so that's why). My hard drive is also small, so that limits the place I can play with.

As soon as Leopard comes out, I'm going to buy a larger hard drive when I upgrade, so I have a clean install of everything. Then I'd really be able to test XP on it. I'm going to stick with XP though, for now. Vista is too expensive for me and my needs right now.
    thanks guys. any feel for whether the syncs with apple are more stable than via windows?