Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar.GIF

Uploaded v1.1b1

Release Notes:
    • Fixed most problems with 680 (already works properly with the 650)
    • 700p (and CDMA) problems NOT fixed, but will be done in a subsequent release.
    • "Hold" problem fixed.
    • Display blanking problem (after call end) fixed.
    • Reminder display is still not (re)enabled after switching to and back from another application. "Hold" button re-enables the reminder - but this is an artifact of the architecture and is not by design.
    • "Keyguard" problem NOT fixed, but will be done soon. (feedback on v1.1b1 release required)
    • Screen flashing problem fixed.
    • Cleaner code than previous versions.

Continued from this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137190

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/23/2007 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Continued...
  2.    #2  
    Hi 700p, CDMA Treo users and a very patient hoovs,

Uploaded v1.1b2. Please try and leave feedback.

Release Notes:
    • Fixed reset problems with CDMA Treos. Should work properly with the 700p

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/23/2007 at 04:38 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Uploaded v1.1b3

Release Notes:
    • Added functionality to dimiss or redisplay reminder.
    See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html
    Well, the good news is that there are no more resets. The bad news is that nothing displays at all. The phone acts as if TreoStar isn't even loaded. Outgoing and incoming calls tested.

EDIT: Let me clarify, TS does display in Prefs but it doesn't display anything in the in-call screen.
    Last edited by hoovs; 02/23/2007 at 01:06 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Well, the good news is that there are no more resets. The bad news is that nothing displays at all. The phone acts as if TreoStar isn't even loaded. Outgoing and incoming calls tested.
    I'll fix this... eventually.

Did you put the text you want displayed between <ts> and </ts> at the top (only the first 250 characters in the contacts are searched)? (This is a nuisance that even I'm getting tired of, but lots of programs store their information in the contacts notes).

- mvk

EDIT: Let me clarify, TS does display in Prefs but it doesn't display anything in the in-call screen.
    Did you make sure you hit "done" on the contact's "note" page and "done" for the contact instead of hitting a hard button to exit?

Edit: Nevermind. Mine is reacting the same way. Although, when I put the call on hold to see if TreoStar would come on, it reset the 680.
  7.    #7  
    So, on both the Treo 680 and Treo 700p, nothing is displayed, and it reset the 680.

oh hell... more work on the TreoStar is required, but for now, I've run out of ideas on what could be wrong.

PS: Christinac130 and hoovs, could you please install TreoHour and see if you get the time display along with the chime, especially when in the phone applicaton? This is only to check if my drawing routine is ok, and that there are no resets caused by it. You can uninstall it when finished.

PPS: Christinac130, please also confirm that v1.1b3 works properly on the Treo 650.

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/23/2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: PS:, PPS:
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    So, on both the Treo 680 and Treo 700p, nothing is displayed, and it reset the 680.

oh hell... more work on the TreoStar is required, but for now, I've run out of ideas on what could be wrong.

PS: Christinac130 and hoovs, could you please install TreoHour and see if you get the time display along with the chime, especially when in the phone applicaton? This is only to check if my drawing routine is ok, and that there are no resets caused by it. You can uninstall it when finished.

PPS: Christinac130, please also confirm that v1.1b3 works properly on the Treo 650.

The 680 only resets with TreoStar installed when I put a caller on hold. Otherwise, it's like it's not even installed. I know that isn't necessarily good news, but I thought you might feel better that the program doesn't cause random resets by just being installed...

I'll install TreoHour and check it out...is it for the 650, 680 or both?

I'm happy to report that TS works exactly as it should on the 650. But, when exiting the phone app, going to the Home Screen and returning to the phone app, TS is gone. I have to put the caller on hold to have it return. Is that suppose to happen?
    I'll fix this... eventually.

Did you put the text you want displayed between <ts> and </ts> at the top (only the first 250 characters in the contacts are searched)? (This is a nuisance that even I'm getting tired of, but lots of programs store their information in the contacts notes).

- mvk
    Woohooo!!! I have it working on the 700P. Sorry, I erased the tags and forgot to put them back in.

I'll have more to follow.
    Okay, for outgoing calls it seems to work fine. But, for incoming calls, I only see the TreoStar memo while the phone is ringing. But I don't see TreoStar on the in-call screen.

On a side note, TreoStar and CityID are competing for the same real estate. This is okay on outgoing calls as the TreoStar screen pops up over CityID. But, for incoming calls, CityID pops up over TreoStar and I can't read it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I agree. Ougoing call displays the reminder. Not during the In Call Screen though. Incoming calls do NOT display the reminder.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  12.    #12  
    To sum-up:

- On the 700p, for incoming calls, there is no display. (but this could be because of conflict with CityID). hoovs, could you disable CityID and check this out?

- On the 680, it is as if TreoStar is not installed at all.

- On the 680, there is a reset if the caller is put on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    But, when exiting the phone app, going to the Home Screen and returning to the phone app, TS is gone. I have to put the caller on hold to have it return. Is that suppose to happen?
    This is a result of the whole thing that is happening inside the Treo during a phone call... In other words, though it does not behave as expected, everything's fine.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/23/2007 at 07:52 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Uploaded v1.1b4

Release Notes:
    • Finally fixed the incoming call problem with 700p.
    • Still not addressed the issues with the Treo 680.
    On a side note, the problem with the 700p was not because of any bug but because I forgot to renable phone notifications for the 700p during compilation.
    I've installed TreoHour...I'll let you know how it goes. Do you want results on the 650 and 680? I still love TreoStar...I'm using the earlier version that shows up on the 680

I've been trying to figure out how to convert DVDs to WMV for my daughters new toys...it's stressing me out.
  15.    #15  
    I've installed TreoHour...I'll let you know how it goes. Do you want results on the 650 and 680?
    Only on the 680, it works fine on the 650...
    I'm using the earlier version that shows up on the 680
    Which version is that? Maybe that will help me figure out what is wrong.

PS: Please check your PM.

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/24/2007 at 01:28 AM.
    Is there any way to turn it off (by preference, maybe) for the ringer screen but leave it on for the in-call screen? This way it wouldn't conflict with CityID.
  17.    #17  
    Is there any way to turn it off (by preference, maybe) for the ringer screen but leave it on for the in-call screen? This way it wouldn't conflict with CityID.
    So, it works?

Anyway, many options are slated for a future release. All that blank space in the TreoStar preferences box is for that. Let me get it working reliably (w/o resets, freezes) first.

- mvk
    So, it works?
    Sorry about that. Yes, it seems to be working well for both incoming and outgoing calls. Still have the conflict with CityID but it doesn't hinder outgoing calls at all and only while the phone is ringing for incoming calls. Tapping the screen to toggle display also works well.

This one seems to be a winner.
  19.    #19  
    Uploaded v1.2b1

Release Notes:
    • Everything works as it should with the Treo 650 and Treo 700, both GSM and CDMA.

• Has user configurable options.

• Treo 680 issues not fixed. Waiting for feedback from Christinac130 and other Treo 680 users.

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/24/2007 at 04:45 AM.
    Only on the 680, it works fine on the 650...

Which version is that? Maybe that will help me figure out what is wrong.

PS: Please check your PM.

Okay...here are my results so far:

1. TreoHour works fine on the 680...no lag, no resets. The time, chime and vibrate work wherever I am when it goes off, including the phone app.

2. I've been using v1.0b8 of TreoStar on the 680 and just avoid switching to the apps menu or putting callers on hold. It works fine as long as no buttons are pushed while TS is on the screen.

3. TS v1.0b9 pops up on the keyguard screen, but once keyguard is off, it disappears. Now, instead of a long, thick, gray and white line, there's a small black line on the call screen. But, no lags or resets.

4. TS v1.1b4 resets the 680 upon answering the phone. It pops up on incoming calls while the phone is ringing. But answer the call and reset...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast